Please direct any questions or comments about this form to:
Renfrewshire Trading Standards & Licensing Team
Telephone: 0300 300 0380 email: firstname.lastname@example.org
1. If any condition, subject to which the licence is granted, is contravened or not complied with, the person to
whom the licence is granted shall be guilty of an offence.
2. Any person convicted of an offence under this Act is liable to a fine; furthermore the court which convicts any
person of an offence under this Act or related legislation may also cancel the licence and impose a period of
3. The expression "the keeping of a pet shop" is, subject to certain provisions, to be construed as meaning the
carrying on at premises (including a private dwelling) of a business of selling animals as pets and as
including references to the keeping of animals with a view to their being sold in the course of such a
4. It shall be an offence for any person to carry on a business of selling animals as pets in any part of a street
or public place or at a stall or barrow in a market.
5. It shall be an offence for any person to sell an animal as a pet to a person whom he has reasonable cause to
believe to be under the age of sixteen (16) years.
6. Any of the Council's officers or any veterinary surgeon or veterinary practitioner may, if authorised do so by
the Council in writing, enter and inspect at all reasonable times any premises as respects which a licence
has been granted and any animals found thereon or anything therein, for the purpose of ascertaining
whether an offence has been or is being committed under the Act.
CONDITIONS OF LICENCE
1. Animals must at all times be kept in accommodation suitable as respects construction, size, temperature,
lighting, ventilation and cleanliness.
2. Animals must be adequately supplied with suitable food and drink and (as far as necessary) visited at
3. Animals, being mammals, must not be sold at too early an age.
4. All reasonable precautions must be taken to prevent the spread among animals of infectious diseases.
5. Appropriate steps must be taken for the protection of animals in case of fire or other emergency.
6. These conditions are not exhaustive - please refer to www.renfrewshire.gov.uk for full conditions.
Please visit www.renfrewshire.gov.uk for current fee.
SEND NO PAYMENT WITH YOUR APPLICATION - AN INVOICE WILL BE ISSUED
Please return this application to: Or submit by email if completing online:
Renfrewshire Council email@example.com
Trading Standards & Licensing Team