Private and confidential Rochdale Fund for Relief in Sickness
NOTES FOR APPLICANTS
1. The Rochdale Fund For Relief in Sickness is a local charity which was set up to help any individual who
requires help as a result of hardship caused by sickness, injury, disability or infirmity. This includes both
physical and mental sickness, or deprivation of a nature likely to impair physical or mental health e.g.
poverty or other adversity.
2. To be eligible to apply for assistance the individual must live in the Borough of Rochdale. This includes
Wardle, Littleborough, Middleton, Heywood, Norden, Birtle, Milnrow and Newhey, but not Whitworth.
3. The Trustees can help by providing:
• Medical equipment for hospitals
• Equipment for Special Schools
• Help for individuals by provision of aids for daily living e.g. wheelchairs, hoists, IT equipment,
adaptations to homes, special leisure equipment, medical aids etc. Also financial assistance
towards the cost of washing machines, cookers, clothing, beds, bedding etc for those with illness
in the family.
• Respite in the form of holidays and outings, nursing aid or comfort, help for close relatives to visit
or care for patients.
• Other items, services and facilities at the discretion of the Trustees.
All grants are made solely at the discretion of the Trustees.
4. The Trustees may also make grants to other bodies, both statutory and voluntary, to assist them in
providing equipment, services or facilities which may alleviate the suffering, or promote the recovery of,
persons who, as individuals, qualify under paragraphs 1 and 2 above.
5. The Fund cannot help with:
• Payment of debts, including utility bills, Council tax, Inland Revenue payments etc.
• Hardship not directly relating to, or caused as a result of, sickness.
6. ALL SECTIONS OF THE APPLICATION FORM SHOULD BE COMPLETED IN FULL TO AVOID ANY DELAY.
Application forms should be returned to: Clerk to the Trustees
Susan M Stoney LL.B.
The Old Parsonage
2 St. Mary’s Gate
ROCHDALE OL16 1AP
7. Statutory and voluntary bodies should write to The Clerk to the Trustees with all the appropriate
Page 1 of 4 Printed 12-Nov-19