Charge and sub-class of
County and district or
unitary authority area
Despatch of form
The following notes are supplied for assistance in making the application overleaf. Detailed
information for the making of all kinds of applications to the Land Charges Department is
contained in Practice Guide 63 – Land Charges – Applications for registration, official search,
office copy and cancellation
which is obtainable on application at the address shown below.
1. Fees must be paid by Direct Debit under an authorised agreement with Land Registry or by
cheque or postal order made payable to “Land Registry” (see the Practice Guide referred to
2. Please complete the form in block letters in writing or typewriting using black ink not liable
to smear. No covering letter is required and no plan or other document should be lodged in
support of the application.
3. Please give the full name(s) and address(es) of the person(s) and on whose behalf the
application is being made.
4. The following are the relevant classes and sub classes of land charge (see Land Charges Act
Class C (i) (puisne mortgage)
Class C (ii) (limited owner's charge)
Class C (iii) (general equitable charge)
Class C (iv) (estate contract)
Class D (i) (Inland Revenue charge)
Class D (ii) (restrictive covenant)
Class D (iii) (equitable easement)
5. Enter the names of the administrative county and district or unitary authority area in which
the land is situated. This must be the appropriate name as set out in Practice Guide 63 – Land
Charges – Applications for registration, official search, office copy and cancellation. In
London, enter “Greater London” as the county name and the London Borough as that of the
6. A short description, identifying the land as far as may be practicable, should be furnished.
7. Please give the full name and address of the person against whom registration is to be
effected. A separate form is required for each full name. Enter forename(s) and surname on
separate lines. The name of the company or other body should commence on the forename
line and may continue on the surname line (the words “Forename(s) and “Surname” should
8. If you have been allocated a key number, please take care to enter this in the space provided
overleaf, whether or not you are paying fees by Direct Debit.
9. Any reference should be limited to 25 characters (including oblique strokes and punctuation).
10. When completed, this application form should be despatched to the address shown below
which is printed in a position to fit within a standard envelope.
Land Charges Department
Seaton Court, 2 William Prance Road,
PLYMOUTH PL6 5WS
DX 8249 PLYMOUTH (3)
Crown copyright (ref: LR/HO) 10/13