County and District or
unitary authority area
Signature and certificate
Despatch of form
The following notes are supplied for assistance in making the application overleaf. Detailed
information for the making of all kinds of applications to the Land Charges Department is
contained in Practice Guide 63 – Land Charges – Applications for registration, official
search, office copy and cancellation which is obtainable on application at the address shown
1. Fees must be paid by Direct Debit under an authorised agreement with Land Registry or
by cheque or postal order made payable to “Land Registry” (see the Practice Guide
referred to above).
2. Please complete the form in block letters in writing or typewriting using black ink not
liable to smear. No covering letter is required and no plan or other document should be
lodged in support of the application.
3. Please give the full name(s) and address(es) of the person(s) and on whose behalf the
application is being made.
4. Enter the names of the administrative county and district or unitary authority area in
which the land is situated. This must be the appropriate name as set out in Practice Guide
63 – Land Charges – Applications for registration, official search, office copy and
cancellation. In London, enter “Greater London” as the county name and the London
Borough as that of the district.
5. A short description, identifying the land as far as may be practicable, should be furnished.
6. Please give the full name, address and description of the estate owner as defined in the
Law of Property Act 1925 against whom registration is to be effected. A separate form is
required for each full name. Enter forename(s) and surname on separate lines. The name
of the company or other body should commence on the forename line and may continue
on the surname line (the words “Forename(s) and “Surname” should be deleted).
7. If you have been allocated a key number, please take care to enter this in the space
provided overleaf, whether or not you are paying fees by Direct Debit.
8. Any reference should be limited to 25 characters (including oblique strokes and
9. An application will be rejected if it is not signed or if the certificate that it does not affect
registered land has been deleted. However, in a case of extreme urgency where it is not
practicable for the applicant first to ascertain whether or not the land is registered, the
Department will accept an application with the certificate deleted provided that it is
accompanied by a letter to the following effect. The letter must certify that the applicant
has applied for an official search of the index map at the appropriate Land Registry office.
It must also contain an undertaking that he will apply to cancel this registration if he
discovers from the result of search that the title to the land is registered.
10. When completed, this application form should be despatched to the address shown below
which is printed in a position to fit within a standard envelope.
Land Charges Department
Seaton Court, 2 William Prance Road,
PLYMOUTH PL6 5WS
DX 8249 PLYMOUTH (3)
Crown copyright (ref: LR/HO) 10/13