If you dishonestly enter information or make a statement that you know is, or might be, untrue or
misleading, and intend by doing so to make a gain for yourself or another person, or to cause loss or
the risk of loss to another person, you may commit the offence of fraud under section 1 of the Fraud
Act 2006, the maximum penalty for which is 10 years’ imprisonment or an unlimited fine, or both.
Who needs to complete this form?
Any person who is not a conveyancer, or who is not a UK bank or building society, who is lodging one of
the following applications with Land Registry.
Transfers (whether or not for value).
Transfers and deeds relating to the appointment or retirement of trustees.
Leases (whether or not for value) that are being registered.
Charges (mortgages) that are being registered.
Discharge of a charge in form DS1.
Release of a charge in form DS3.
Surrenders of leases.
Most voluntary and compulsory applications for first registration where the title deeds have been lost
or destroyed.
All other applications for compulsory first registration completed on and after 10 November 2008.
Any person who is a party to one of the above transactions who is not represented by a conveyancer
where the application is being lodged by someone who is also not a conveyancer.
Any person who is a party to one of the above transactions who is not represented by a conveyancer,
and although the application is being lodged by a conveyancer, that conveyancer is not able to confirm
that they are satisfied that sufficient steps have been taken to verify the person’s identity.
Please note that where the application is being lodged by more than one person, or a party to a transaction
comprises more than one person, each one must complete a separate form and produce evidence of their
This form can also be used to provide evidence of identity for an attorney in the circumstances described in
Land Registry’s Practice Guide 67 and Public Guide 20 (see below).
NOTE 1: This form does not have to be completed for voluntary first registrations unless the title deeds are
lost or have been destroyed, or for charges or leases which are merely being noted.
NOTE 2: This form is also not required where the true value of the land to which the transaction relates is not
more than £6,000, or if Land Registry has issued a facility letter in respect of an individual’s identity.
For exceptions to our requirement for evidence of identity for first registrations where the deeds have been
lost or destroyed, please see Practice Guide 2 First registration of title where deeds have been lost or
Why do I have to complete this form?
We are asking for this information to guard against registration fraud. It is important that where an applicant,
or parties to a transaction are not represented by a conveyancer or where title deeds have been lost or
destroyed, that evidence of identity is produced to enable registration to proceed.
How do I complete this form?
You must complete section A. You must then get your identity verified by a conveyancer or by personally
attending one of our customer information centres. You will need to take evidence of your identity with you
including a recent passport-size photograph in which your face is clearly visible. Please see sections B3 and
B4 for the types of evidence which will be needed.
If you are having your identity verified by a conveyancer you will need to take two identical and recent
passport-size photographs.
The conveyancer or a Land Registry officer will complete section B of this form. Please note that a
conveyancer may charge a fee to verify your identity.
Both section A and section B of this form lodged in support of an application must be completed,
dated and signed no more than three months before the time of lodgement.
Information about completing this form can be found in:
Public Guide 20 Evidence of identity non-conveyancers, if you are not a conveyancer, or
Practice Guide 67 Evidence of identity conveyancers, if you are a conveyancer.
Both guides and all our forms are available on our website www.landregistry.gov.uk and from any Land
Registry office, free of charge.
We strongly advise that you use these guides. In addition to providing information about this form they also
explain how you should complete certain panels of the application form(s) you will also have to lodge.
A conveyancer is someone authorised under the Legal Services Act 2007 to provide legal services relating to
conveyancing and land registration and includes solicitors and licensed conveyancers who hold practising
Please note that if your application is not in order, including if the wrong forms are used, the
application might not be accepted for registration.
What should I do if I want Land Registry to verify my identity?
If you plan to visit a Land Registry customer information centre, you must telephone first to make an
appointment and to check that the evidence you intend to produce is sufficient.
Our customer information centres are open between 8.30am and 6pm on Mondays to Fridays. You must
always make an appointment, giving us at least 72 hours’ notice. To make an appointment telephone
Customer Support on 0844 892 1111 or complete the form on our website www.landregistry.gov.uk.
Please note that we will not verify your identity in advance of you making your application and if we
are unable to confirm your identity your application will be rejected. Please note also, that all individuals for
whom verification of identity is required must attend at the same time.
If you can’t go to a conveyancer and are not able to attend one of our customer information centres to have
your identity verified, you should contact Customer Support to discuss whether alternative arrangements are
possible. You can contact Customer Support at customersupport@landregistry.gsi.gov.uk or by telephoning
0844 892 1111 from Monday to Friday between 8am and 6pm.
Is this form open to public inspection?
No. This form, and any supporting evidence produced to Land Registry where we are verifying your identity,
is automatically excepted under rule 133 of the Land Registration Rules 2003 (as amended) from the public
right of inspection
Data Protection: Please note though that Land Registry may share data provided in or in connection with this
form for anti-fraud purposes and may carry out checks concerning the information provided.
Section A
A separate form must be completed by each individual applicant, estate owner, or person involved in the transaction.
1. Name of body corporate or other organisation ("the corporation")
2. Registered number, if applicable (e.g. for a company, friendly society)
3. Registered address
4. Name of individual representing the corporation
5. Address of individual representing the corporation
6. Individual's connection with the corporation
7. Work telephone number (this must be a landline and not a mobile number)
Details of dealing with the land
8. Type of dealing (e.g. transfer, lease, mortgage, etc.,)
9. Title number(s)
10. Address of property (including postcode, if any)
11. Certificate by the individual representing the corporation
I certify that the information that I have provided in this form is correct to the best of my
knowledge and belief. I authorise Land Registry to make such additional searches and checks
as may be deemed necessary to establish my identity.
Signed Date
Please note that your identity must be verified by a conveyancer or by a Land Registry officer who must complete
section B of this form. If you take the form to Land Registry, you must submit the application referred to in panel 8
at the same time.
Section B (for completion by a conveyancer or Land Registry)
Complete all parts of this section.
Place 'X' in the appropriate box.
I have known the individual representing the corporation for at least two years
I have not known the individual representing the corporation for at least two years
I (name of certifier, or Land Registry officer)
of (name of organisation or Land Registry office certifying identity)
solicitor licensed conveyancer notary public
barrister Land Registry officer
certify that (name of individual acting for the corporation)
has produced to me:
Where the corporation is a UK company:
an original company search in respect of the corporation which is dated within the last three
months and which confirms that the corporation has not been dissolved; and
evidence of the individual's authority to represent the corporation.
Where the UK corporation is some other form of body corporate:
evidence that the corporation still exists and of his/her authority to represent the corporation in
connection with this application.
Where the corporation is not a UK company:
evidence that the corporation (if a transferor, landlord, borrower or lender) is one and the same
as the registered owner or estate owner, and
evidence of the individual's authority to represent the corporation.
And in all cases
The applicant has produced to me the original(s) of the evidence of identity indicated in panel 3
below which I have inspected. I confirm that the photograph attached in panel 4, and which I have
signed, is a true likeness of the person who has provided this evidence.
Signature of solicitor, licensed conveyancer, notary public, barrister or Land Registry officer
Name (in block capitals):
Roll or Licence number (for solicitors and licensed conveyancers):
Note: Land Registry may contact conveyancers to check that a form completed in their name is
genuine. You should keep a record of persons for whom you have verified identity and a duplicate of
the photograph you have certified.
For completion by a conveyancer or Land Registry
3. Evidence of identity inspected (enter a cross against the item(s) inspected)
One of the following (List A):
Current valid full passport - State the country of issue and number of the passport:
Current United Kingdom, EU, Isle of Man, Channel Islands photocard driving licence (not a
provisional licence) State the number of the licence
Current identity card issued by the Identity and Passport Service to a non-UK national
resident in the UK State the number of the card
Two of the following (List B) but no more than one of each type:
Credit card bearing the Mastercard or Visa logo, an American Express or Diners Club card,
or a debit or multi-function card bearing the Maestro or Visa logo which was issued in the
United Kingdom and is supported by an original account statement less than three months
Utility bill less than three months old*
Council tax bill for the current year
Council rent book showing the rent paid for the last three months
Mortgage statement for the mortgage accounting year just ended*
Current firearm or shotgun certificate
* These must be postal statements; they must not be statements sent electronically.
For completion by a conveyancer or Land Registry
4. Photograph of individual representing the corporation
Please sign your name on the back of the photograph and
add the date.
Please staple or otherwise loosely attach the photograph to
the form. Please do not glue the photograph to the form.
© Crown copyright (ref: LR/HO) 04/14
Staple or loosely
attach the recent