ROLE ACCOUNTABILITY CHART
1. Identify the mission for the role. What would not happen if this role did not exist?
2. Name the person accountable for achieving the mission.
3. List key leading key performance indicators (KPIs) for each role. No more than three indicators that ensure the
mission is on track to succeed. Assign success values to each KPI.
4. List key lagging key performance indicators (KPIs) for each role. No more than three indicators that tell you that
the person accountable succeeded in their mission. Assign success values to each KPI.
5. Now ask the following questions:
a. Where do you have more than 1 person accountable for a role?
b. Does anyone have too much accountability?
c. Are any of the empty roles holding the company back?
d. Which role is underperforming and why?
e. Would you enthusiastically rehire everyone to fulfill each role they perform?
www.howardmshore.com ● (786) 565-7330 ● © 2019 HowardMShore, LLC. All rights reserved.