Science Complex Rm 1401, University of Guelph
488 Gordon Street
Guelph, Ontario, Canada N1G 2W1
Phone: 519-824-4120 ext. 58357
AAC Microarray Hybridization Request Form (07/25/07)
Genomics Facility RNA Sample Submission Guidelines
RNA Sample Requirements
The RNA used in microarray experiments must be extremely clean in order to
get high quality results.
1. The minimum amount of RNA without sample amplification: is 3-4μg for
mRNA or 15μg of total RNA in no more than 15ul per experiment. We will
also need 1 μl extra for internal quality control of the RNA.
2. It is possible to use less than 10 ug of total RNA to start the cDNA probe
synthesis. If we start a reaction with less than 10 ug and do not obtain
enough cDNA to use as a probe, there will still be a charge for the labeling
3. The RNA must be resuspended in RNase free water and an agarose gel
picture should also be provided.
4. The quality of the RNA will be checked at our facility upon reception of the
samples using Agilent Bioanalyzer. The charge for RNA quality assessment
using BioAnalyzer is $36/12 samples. If low quality is suspected, the
procedure will be stopped.
Microarray slides requirements
It is recommended to store microarray slides in Vacuum container. If the
slides are not stored properly or are more than 6 months older, we are not
responsible for poor hybridization result such as the low signal intensity and
high background etc.
You will receive following results:
• Quality report of the RNA samples provided analyzed on the Agilent
• Copy of TIFF files of the microarray images
• Data file containing raw array (can be opened excel format)
• The data can be sent on a CDROM or the data can be put on the LAN