FINAL BILL APPLICATION
A Final Bill Application form must be filled out and returned to us within seven to ten (7-10)
working days prior to the closing date upon the sale of a property.
If you have any questions regarding this matter, please contact Customer Service at 412-255-
2423 (Press 5).
PLEASE NOTE THE FOLLOWING:
1. Final bills are only necessary when there is a sale of a property or when there is a
change of deed/ownership. They should not be requested when a tenant is vacating a
property or when an owner is refinancing.
2. Please note that any active Zipcheck accounts associated with the property in question
will be closed upon receipt of a completed application.
3. Incomplete or incorrect forms will be returned for completion or correction.
4. Final bills will be issued within seven to ten (7-10) working days of the receipt of the
completed application, unless the installation of an automated meter reading device is
5. Final Bill Applications will not be taken over the telephone. All requests must be
submitted in writing via a completed form, and only one application per account will be
accepted. (This one application rule does not apply to commercial accounts with more
than one domestic, or domestic and fire line, services.)
6. Please provide the current owner’s account number on the application. If the account
number is not available, please provide the ward, block and lot number.
7. Please provide a meter reading from the internal or crock water meter (black plastic or
copper base); do not read the gas meter.
8. A $20.30 service fee will be assessed to each final bill and is payable at the time of
the closing. Please do not send payment with the Final Bill Application.
9. Please indicate whether you would like the final bill to be faxed, mailed, or picked-up at
PWSA’s 1200 Penn Avenue location.