Connect & Reflect | Virtual Session
June 2020 with the Staff Success Center
Topic: Why Collaborative Performance Management?
Connect & Reflect sessions are informal get-togethers, where we discuss the provided resource that will
lead to some beneficial takeaways. Join us every third Thursday of the month!
In this session, we will be discussing the concept of Collaborative Performance Management and how it
aligns with the new GPS: Staff Performance & Coaching Process. Join us to identify ways to make this new
approach most effective for you.
If you want to build an engaged workforce who is positive and thriving, you need
people to know you value their opinion, and one way to do that is to ask for it
during those performance conversations.
~ Catherine Mattice Zundel
1. Watch the portion of eLearning Creating a Positive & Healthy Work Environment
Collaborative Performance Management”(found under “Content”)- 3.5 minutes
2. Discuss the questions in the resource below.
• Why is it important for employees to evaluate themselves?
• How do you know the “right” frequency for performance conversations?
• What does it look like to collaboratively set expectations for behaviors?
• What are some tools and techniques for monitoring performance collaboratively?
• Why types of ‘rewards’ work for you and/or your team?
• What actions can we take if we or our teams aren’t performing?
• How can you ensure collaboration in performance management processes?
• Join the Teams Meeting through the link or call-in number provided in
the calendar invite sent to you.
• Don’t forget to add this event in the Be Well UC portal
to get points.
• Spread the word! If you enjoyed today’s session,
please share http://bit.ly/UC-CR
with a co-worker and
bring them along next time!