Pollution Prevention Considerations
Mukilteo Municipal Code Section 13.12.080: “No person shall throw, drain, or otherwise discharge, cause or allow others
under its control to throw, drain, or otherwise discharge into the municipal storm drain system and/or surface and ground
waters, any materials other than stormwater…”
This form applies to all projects that require a Planning/Building Permit, without an engineering permit.
By initialing each box below, the applicant is verifying that it is true for the project.
Pollution Prevention Measures
• My site is already developed, with existing vegetation.
• Only the project area indicated on the Permit Application will be disturbed.
• There will be no dewatering (dewatering is removing of groundwater or surface water from a construction site).
• No dirt will be allowed to run off the property, enter the road, storm drains, ditches, streams,
wetlands, or other water bodies.
• If dirt
will be moved off the site, all storm drain inlets within 150 feet of the project will have storm drain
inlet protection (also known as catch basin inserts).
• My existing, paved or gravel driveway will be the construction entrance.
• Any construction-related dirt and debris will be swept off the driveway and put into a trash can.
• No pressure washing debris/water will enter the road, storm drains, or waterways.
• All soil piles not worked for more than 2 days will be covered with plastic.
• Disturbed soil will have temporary cover (such as straw) during the project, when not being worked on.
• When the project is complete, disturbed soils will be seeded, vegetated, and/or mulched.
• All project waste (pollutants) will be kept off of roads, and out of storm drains, ditches, streams, and wetlands.
• Anticipated waste products are identified below.
• All erosion control measures, catch basin inserts, and pollutant controls will be removed prior to
issuance of the project’s final permit acceptance.
• All wastes will be disposed of properly.
Anticipated waste products for this project include (initial all that apply):
_______ Exposed concrete aggregate waste
water or other concrete wash out waste
_______ Paint and/or Stains
_______ Cleaning solutions or other chemicals
_______ Solid waste
_______ Pressure washing waste
_______ Soil, rock, or other earthen debris
For disposal information on solid waste, hazardous waste, recycling, and facility locations, visit Snohomish County’s website.
1. I understand that the submittal fee & building plan review fee is non-refundable once the review process has begun, whether or not I
choose to withdraw my application. I hereby certify that I have read & examined this application and know the same to be true & correct.
2. All provisions of the Laws and Ordinances governing this type of work will be complied with whether specified herein or not. The granting
of a permit does not presume to give authority to violate or cancel the provisions of any other state/local law regulating construction or
the performance of construction.
3. By signing this application, I authorize employees/agents of the City of Mukilteo to enter onto the property which is the subject of this
application during regular business hours. The sole purpose of entry is to make any examination of the property which is necessary to
process this application.
4. As the project applicant / property owner, I understand it is my responsibility to assure that no soils, wash water, or waste products from
my project enter the storm drain, are washed into the road, or are allowed to enter any water body. It is my responsibility to assure that
my contractors are aware of these requirements.
Contractor/ Owner / Authorized Agent Signature Date
This box for City use only: This form has been reviewed for consistency with the project scope presented in the Permit Application.
Approval Title Date