Updated 10/14/2020 Page 2
The Permit Application Form shall be submitted to the Cascade County Planning Office for review. The applicant shall obtain
all required permits/forms as part of the permitting process:
• If your property is in a regulated floodplain, a Floodplain Permit must be obtained first from the Planning Office.
• If an approach to the property is from a county road, an Approach Permit is needed from the Cascade County Public
Works Road and Bridge Division. If an approach will be off a state highway, an Approach Permit is needed from the
State of Montana Department of Transportation.
• If your property needs an assigned address, contact from the Cascade County Public Works GIS Division for an
• If your property needs a wastewater management permit, you must obtain a septic system permit from the City-
County Health Department (http://www.cchdmt.org/environmental-health/).
• All projects that disturb an acre or more are required to have a “General Permit for Storm Water Discharges
Associated with Construction Activity” from the MT Department of Environmental Quality
SITE PLAN REQUIREMENTS: (PERMITS WILL NOT BE ISSUED WITHOUT AN ACCURATE SITE PLAN)
rovide a complete site plan at a suitable scale (1" = 40', 1" = 100', etc) which includes the following, as applicable:
Required Obtained Submission Checklist
The location of existing structures, boundaries, drain fields, and utilities; including size,
dimensions, and current uses
Location of proposed structures, alterations, curb cuts, access points, and utilities and the
size, dimensions, and uses thereof
Existing land use(s) on adjacent property
Disturbing one (1) acre or more; if yes, attach DEQ “General Permit for Storm Water
Discharges Associated with Construction Activity”.
Location, size, dimensions, and number of off-street parking spaces, including on-site
vehicular driveways and type of surface improvements (if applicable)
Location and type of existing and proposed landscaping or buffering (if applicable)
Location, type, and height of existing and proposed fencing and/or screening (if applicable)
Location, type, and height of sight-obscuring improvement surrounding areas of storage for
raw materials, finished products, machinery, and equipment (if applicable)
Completed Operational Statement Checklist (if applicable)
Industrial Affidavit (if applicable)