About The Show
The Arts Alive Juried Art Exhibition is a program designed to give regional
artists an opportunity to display their works in a public setting. Artists working
with a wide range of media are encouraged to participate.
This exhibition is professionally judged.
Wednesday, September 11th — Entries accepted at City Hall from
Thursday, September 12th — Arts Alive Exhibition on display in City Hall,
open for public viewing
Tuesday, October 15th — Arts Harvest Reception will be held honoring artists
in the Arts Alive Exhibition. The reception will begin at 6:30pm at City Hall.
The Juror’s Choice, Commission’s Choice and People’s Choice awards will be
presented at this time.
Thursday, January 2nd — Pick up artwork at City Hall from
The Juror’s Choice award recipient will receive a $200 cash award and a one-
person exhibition at Federal Way City Hall.
The Commission’s Choice winner will receive a $150 cash award.
The People’s Choice winner will receive a $100 cash award.
Exhibition Information & Criteria
1. Each artist may submit two entries. All media will be considered with the
exception of video and wearable art. There is a $5 entry fee per piece of art.
Checks are payable to the City of Federal Way.
2. All must be original work, not completed under an instructor’s guidance, and
not previously exhibited at Federal Way City Hall or more than two juried shows
in the boundaries of the show area.
3. Paintings and two-dimensional work must be suitably wired for hanging.
(D-ring recommended). All at artwork may not exceed 36" by 30", including
frame. The acceptance of artwork is at the discretion of the jurors and the
City of Federal Way Arts Commission. No three-dimensional artwork will be
accepted at this time.
4. All paint and varnish must be dry.
5. Entry blanks must be lled out in full and attached to the back of the artwork.
6. Work selected for the competition must remain in the exhibition until it closes.
7. Artists are responsible for transportation of artwork to and from Federal Way
8. Every precaution will be taken to see that no damage or theft occurs to the
entries. Each artist will be required to sign a Loaned Art Agreement with the
City of Federal Way before the artwork is accepted. Artist’s submission of any
piece implies acceptance and terms of the agreement.
City Hall Gallery
The Federal Way City Hall complex, opened in August 2004, houses all seven City
departments, as well as Federal Way Municipal Court. The City Hall Art Gallery is
located on the second oor of the building and is equipped with track lighting.
Gallery hours are Monday–Friday 8:00am–5:00pm.
Federal Way City Hall
33325 8th Avenue South
Federal Way, Washington 98063-9718