Revised December 19, 2019 2
On-Line Fill-in-able PDF Forms
Fill-in-able Financial Disclosure Forms are available at www.annapolis.gov under the “Government” and “Forms, Permits,
and Licenses in Alphabetical Order” tabs. The form can be completed on-line, saved to your computer, and printed. The
printed copy of your FD Statement must be signed and then mailed or delivered to the City Ethics Commission, c/o City of
Annapolis Office of Law, 160 Duke of Gloucester Street, Annapolis, MD 21401. Adobe Reader (available as a free
download) is needed to view and fill out the form.
If this form is not received by the Ethics Commission on or before its due date, you may be subpoenaed to appear before
the Commission or allowable sanctions may be imposed by the Ethics Commission for non-compliance with the Ethics Law,
City Code 2.08. Incomplete forms will be returned for the missing information and a new due date provided. If you need
additional information or clarification regarding the completion of the statement, please contact the City of Annapolis Office
of Law at 410-263-7954.
The following definitions from Annapolis City Code 2.08.020 are provided for reference in completing the attached forms:
1. "Business entity" means a corporation, limited liability company, general or limited partnership, sole proprietorship, joint
venture, unincorporated association or firm, institution, trust, foundation, or other organization, whether or not operated for
profit. "Business entity" does not include a governmental entity.
2. "Commission" means the City of Annapolis Ethics Commission as established in Section 2.08.030.
3. "Compensation" means any money or thing of value, regardless of form, received or to be received by any individual
covered by this chapter from an employer for service rendered. For the purposes of Section 2.08.070 of this chapter, if
lobbying is only a portion of a person's employment, "compensation" means a prorated amount based on the time devoted
to lobbying compared to the time devoted to other employment duties.
4. "Doing business with" means:
a. Having or negotiating a contract that involves the commitment (either in a single or combination of transactions) of
one thousand dollars or more of City controlled funds; or
b. Being regulated by or otherwise under the authority of the City; or
c. Being registered as a lobbyist in accordance with Section 2.08.070 of this chapter.
5. "Elected official" includes the Mayor and members of the City Council.
6. "Employee" means an individual who is employed by City of Annapolis. "Employee" does not include an elected official.
7. "Financial interest" means:
a. Ownership of any interest as the result of which the owner has received, within the past three years, or is presently
receiving, or in the future is entitled to receive, more than one thousand dollars per year any compensation; or
b. Ownership, or the ownership of securities of any kind representing or convertible into ownership, of more than three
percent of a business entity by a City official or employee, or the spouse of an official or employee.
8. "Gift" means the transfer of anything of economic value regardless of the form without adequate and lawful consideration,
whether or not it relates to the performance of official duties. However, "gift" does not include the solicitation, acceptance
or receipt of any campaign contributions regulated in accordance with any law pertaining to the conduct of elections or the
receipt of political campaign contributions.
9. "Interest" means any legal or equitable economic interest, whether or not subject to an encumbrance or a condition, which
was owned or held, in whole or in part, jointly or severally, directly or indirectly. for purposes of Section 2.08.050 of this
chapter, "interest" applies to any interests held at any time during the calendar year for which a required statement is to be
filed. "Interest" does not include:
a. An interest held in the capacity of a personal agent, representative custodian, fiduciary, or trustee, unless the holder
has an equitable interest therein;
b. An interest in a time or demand deposit in a financial institution;