1. One of the most important events that occurred there was the creation of
__________________, and today two of Islam’s holiest cities are located there:
__________________ and ___________________.
2. Because this land was where Islam began, it makes sense that for many
hundreds of years it was mostly controlled by Islamic kingdoms like the
3. In 1932, a man named Abd-al-Aziz bin Abd al-Rahman Al Saud created
_______________ __________________, marking the end of a thirty-year
fight to unite the Arabian Peninsula.
4. The ___________________ of Saudi Arabia have worked to create a stable and
thriving economy for the country, as well as maintain its position as a regional
5. When Iraq invaded Kuwait in 1990, Saudi Arabia supported _______________
in this Persian Gulf War.
6. One of the Saudi kings who had the greatest impact on the ________________
of Saudi Arabia was King Abdullah.
7. Unlike many countries in Southwest Asia, Saudi Arabia survived the 2011
_________________ _________________ (the series of antigovernment
protests, uprisings, and armed rebellions that spread across the Middle East in
early 2011) with little bloodshed.
8. King Abdullah tried to settle some of the unrest by creating new
_________________ for Saudi citizens.