Name: ______________________________ Date: ___________________
Text features are the different parts of a text, such as a headline, an image, or a photo
caption. Each feature provides information.
READING AND WRITING
“Pizza!,” page 32
©2017 BY SCHOLASTIC INC. TEACHERS MAY MAKE COPIES OF THIS PAGE TO DISTRIBUTE TO THEIR STUDENTS.
Directions: Use text features from “Pizza!” to answer the questions below.
1. The main text of the infographic is divided into three sections. Each section has a heading in a
colored box. Write the three section headings below. We’ve done one for you.
2. There are three images of pizza on the page. How are the images different?
3. Choose another image from the infographic and explain why it is included (what it means).
Describe the image here: _____________________________________________________________
Explain why it’s included (what it means) here:
4. Find a fact in the infographic that surprises or interests you. Write it below in your own words.
5. Based on the words and images, what is the overall message of the infographic? (Hint: Reread