PARKS & RECREATION DEPARTMENT
1108 S. Ridgewood Ave, Edgewater, FL 32132
(386) 424-2400 ext. 7204
Class of 2019
It's Time To Start Thinking About SCHOLARSHIPS!
Since 2011, the City of Edgewater's Local School Scholarship Program has been creating educational
opportunities for Edgewater students. The Scholarship Fund is financed through fundraising, as well as
through generous donations from residents, businesses and friends. In 2018, six students were awarded
$1,000 scholarships and the City of Edgewater is proud to be providing scholarships to the class of 2019.
APPLY FOR THE CITY OF EDGEWATER'S LOCAL SCHOOL SCHOLARSHIP
New Smyrna Beach High Students
Complete the Standard Application form and return it to the NSB High Guidance office.
All Other Students
Complete the Standard Application form and return it to firstname.lastname@example.org.
March 8, 2019 is the deadline to return completed applications.
1. Be a resident of Edgewater
2. Be enrolled in a pubic or an accredited private school
within Volusia County
3. Demonstrate 20 hours of local community service
4. Submit a 500 word essay to include experience with the
required community service hours, future education goals
and subsequent career plans
5. Minimum GPA of 3.0
6. Financial need
7. Letters of recommendation (1 personal, 1 academic)
8. Possible interview with the Scholarship Committee
Contact Samantha Bergeron at (386) 424-2400 ext. 7204 or email@example.com.