202 S. Halsted St.
Chicago Heights, IL 60411
Financial Aid Office
(708) 709-3735
Fax: (708) 709-3716
Selective Service Confirmation Form
Student’s name________________________________________________ ID#_________________________________
The U.S. Department of Education requires that we verify your selective service registration. Men aged 18-25 are
required to register with the Selective Service System (SSS). We must have documentation before we can continue
processing your aid.
I will register, or have just recently
To register or request a Status
Information Letter, go to the Selective
Service web-site at www.sss.gov and
select “Registration Info.”
SUBMIT official documentation that you are registered.
A copy of your registration acknowledgement card (not
your application for registration) OR-
A copy of your on-line web certification
I am a non-citizen who entered the
U.S. after turning 26,
I entered the U.S. as a lawful
nonimmigrant on a valid visa and
remained in the U.S. when I turned 26
or older.
1. SUBMIT a copy of your birth date from a driver’s license or
state ID, birth certificate or passport, -AND-
2. SUBMIT documentation of immigration entry date into the
For entry after age 26 A date stamp on the I-94
form; OR a date passport immigration stamp
For proof in status in U.S. until you turned age 26 A
letter from the U.S. Citizenship and Immigration
Services (USCIS) indicating your entry date; OR a
student via form (I-20) or other valid U.S. passport
visa stamp. A Resident Alien Card (Green Card) is not
sufficient proof of date of entry.
I am a male U.S. citizen, permanent
resident alien, refugee or political
asylee age 26 or older, who did not
register for selective service as
required by law.
Eligibility for aid will be determined by
the Financial Aid Office based on
documentation submitted
1. SUBMIT a Status Information Letter from Selective Service
request a letter a www.sss.gov AND-
2. SUBMIT an explanation describing your failure to register
for selective service, including any extenuating
circumstances and whether you knowingly or willfully
failed to register as required by law.
I am under age 18 and unable to register at this time. (provide government issued ID)
I was born a female and am not required to register. (provide government issued ID or birth certificate)
I was born before 1960 and was not required to register. (provide government issued ID or birth certificate)
I am currently in the armed services on active duty. (provide military orders)
Note: This does not apply to members of the Reserve and National Guard who are not on active duty.
I am a citizen of the Republic of Palau, the Republic of the Marshall Islands, or the Federated States of
Micronesia. (provide documentation)
I declare, under penalty of perjury, that the information on this form is true, complete, and accurate to the best of my
Student’s Signature______________________________________________ Date_______________________________