The Form PV is a payment voucher you will send with your check
or money order for any balance due in the “Total Amount Due”
line of your Forms 502 and 505, Estimated Tax Payments
and Extension Payments. You do not need to complete
this form if you are paying electronically (not sending a
check or money order) for your balance due.
• If you have electronically led your Form 502/505 or
request for personal extension, include this payment
voucher with your check or money order.
• Use a separate Form PV for each type of payment.
• Enter Social Security number (SSN)/Individual Taxpayer
Identication Number (ITIN) for taxpayer, enter
Social Security number (SSN)/Individual Taxpayer
Identication Number (ITIN) for spouse if ling jointly.
• Enter rst name, middle initial and last name of taxpayer
and spouse if ling jointly.
• Enter complete address. If using a foreign address,
enter city or town and state or province and ZIP code or
postal code on “Current Mailing Address - Line 2 (Apt.
No., Suite No., Floor No.)” line. Enter the name of the
country on the “City or Town" line. Leave the “State”
line and “ZIP Code” line blank.
• Check ONLY one box for payment type (1,2,3 or 4).
• If Box 1 is checked, also check Box 1a., if it is the rst
time making an estimated payment or if ling status has
• Enter tax year of payment.
• Enter the exact amount of your payment in dollars and
• If you are not sure of the amount due for estimated
tax or an extension use the PVW-Payment Voucher
• Make your check or money order payable to “Comptroller
• Use blue or black ink only.
• Write the type of tax and year of tax being paid on
your check. It is recommended you include your Social
Security number/Individual Taxpayer Identication
• DO NOT SEND CASH.
NOTE: If your paper or electronic tax return has a balance
due, you may pay electronically at www.marylandtaxes.gov
by selecting Payments under Individual to access the online
payment screen. The amount designated will be debited from
your bank or nancial institution on the date you choose.
• Attach check or money order to Form PV.
• If mailing Form PV with Form 502 or 505, place
Form PV with attached check/money order on top
of tax Form 502 or Form 505.
Comptroller of Maryland
PO Box 8888
Annapolis, MD 21401-8888
PERSONAL TAX PAYMENT
VOUCHER FOR FORM
502/505, ESTIMATED TAX