Rules, Deadline, Judging Awards, Notication, Fees, Entry
1. The competition is open to all general circulation newspapers —daily or
non daily, broadsheet or tabloid, printed or digital— and magazines publis
hed anywhere in the world, as well as syndicates and agencies providing
2. All entries must have been published between January 1, 2019 and
December 31, 2019.
3. You do not need to be a member of SND to enter.
4. Corporate or any professional association publications, advertising, publi
city and self-promotion materials are eligible.
5. The competition is limited to full pages as published. No partial pages,
photocopies, films, veloxes or proofs will be accepted, except for agency
categories and digital entries.
6. Do not mount the pages on cardboard, plastic or any other kind of medium.
7. Digital graphics may only be entered in those categories specified as such.
Entries must be sent by the online form malofiejgraphics.com/competition
For the payment and information of the publication, you must complete the
information once for each publication in the digital form. You will receive re
ceipts of your entries for your own records, and a confirmation that the entry
has been received. Pay-per content submissions should be accompanied by a
free of charge username and password for the jury to evaluate the graphics.
8. Each publication or author may submit any number of entries in any cate
gory, except when indicated. The same work can be submitted in different
categories. In that case, as many originals as categories must be sent.
9. Graphics on single or double pages will be accepted as a single entry.
If they are not consecutive, they will be considered multi-page entries,
except portfolios and specials. Portfolios should be composed of a cross-
section of five to ten different infographics which may only be entered
in competition within the relevant categories. Those composed of more
than ten graphics will be rejected.
10. Multiple page entries and portfolios must be taped together along the
edges, in the order in which they were published, to form one continuous
sheet that can be spread out on a table.
11. Entries will be disqualified if they fail to follow the rules as outlined
in the Call for Entries.
Entries must be received by February 14, 2020.
No late entries will be accepted.
1. Judging on all categories will take place March 23-25, 2020 at the School
of Communication, University of Navarra, Pamplona, Spain.
2. The jury will be formed by outstanding professionals and academics on
3. No member of the jury will be allowed to evaluate his/her own entries,
or entries published by media with which he/she has had a professional
relationship within 12 months of the date of judging.
1. Winning entries will receive Gold, Silver or Bronze awards. It will be
possible to give more than one Gold, Silver or Bronze per category.
2. The jury will give the Best of Show to the graphic or series of infographics
considered the best of all entries. The majority of the jury’s vote will be
3. The jury will give also the Main Awards. The majority of the jury’s vote will
4. At the discretion of the judges, there may be no awards given in one or
more categories except for the Best of Show and Main Awards.
5. The members of the jury are allowed to give as many special recognition
awards as they want.
6. Awards will be announced in Pamplona, Spain, at the closing dinner
during the 28th Malofiej Conference, on March 27, 2020.
1. If you want to know if your entries have been received, please send an
e-mail to email@example.com, writing ‘M28 confirmation’ in the subject.
Confirmation will not be made by telephone or fax.
2. Entries will not be returned, and no correspondence will be issued about
3. By submitting work, authors grant permission for reproduction by the
4. The organization is not responsible for those pages that are not sent
under the minimum security conditions advisable. Entries should be
protected by cardboard and security packaged.
Printed graphics categories:
Single page entries*: 25 euros.
Multiple page entries*: 50 euros.
Portfolios: 100 euros.
Digital graphics categories:
Single: 25 euros
Multiple: 50 euros.
Portfolios: 100 euros.
Payment form and entry forms must accompany your package
with your entries. Entries should be sent to:
Malofiej 28th International Infographics Awards (2020)
Universidad de Navarra/SNDE
Facultad de Comunicación | School of Communication
31009 Pamplona, Spain
* Single entry: a single infographic (and only one) included in a page
or spread from a newspaper or magazine.
** Multiple entry: an infographic that occupy more than two consecutive
pages, even with different publication dates, except portfolios and specials.