Page 1 of 2
TOWN OF ASHLAND DEPARTMENT OF PUBLIC WORKS
AGREEMENT IN LIEU OF EROSION AND SEDIMENT CONTROL, WATER QUALITY, AND STORMWATER MANAGEMENT
PLANS FOR A SINGLE-FAMILY RESIDENCE
is Agreement is issued in place of an Erosion and Sediment Control Plan, a Water Quality Plan, and a Stormwater
Management Plan for a Single-Family Detached Residential Structure. It is valid only when signed by all parties and is
accompanied by a Town of Ashland Land Disturbing Permit. Its authority is contingent on compliance with the following
A. Erosion and Sediment Control: Permittee shall adhere to the Minimum Standards of the Virginia Erosion and Sediment
Control Regulations, the Town of Ashland Erosion and Sediment Control Ordinance and the following:
1. Attach plot plan to this agreement for Town of Ashland (TOA) review and approval. Plan shall show, at a
site boundary, buildings, driveways, walkways, erosion and sediment control measures, existing
and proposed contours, and spot elevations around buildings. It shall also demonstrate adequate drainage
from the site, no increased flow onto adjacent properties, and off-site drainage improvements (public or
private), if required.
2. Schedule a pre-construction meeting with Town staff at least two business days prior to start of construction.
3. Prior to beginning any construction activities, install Construction Entrance and the following Erosion and
Sediment Control measures as shown on plot plan and/or specified by Town staff during pre-construction
4. During construction, the adjacent road, properties, existing drainage structures, streams, etc., shall be protected
from erosion or sediment deposition from this project.
5. All denuded areas on the lot shall be stabilized within 7 days of final grading with permanent vegetation or a
protective ground cover suitable for the time of year.
6. Submit Land Disturbing Permit bond with the Department of Public Works as follows (select one):
$1,200 (up to 10,000 sq. ft. disturbed area)
$2,400 (over 10,000 sq. ft. disturbed area)
B. Water Quality Plan: Permittee shall adhere to performance standards stated in the Town of Ashland Water Quality
Protection Ordinance, which represent minimum practices necessary to protect the quality of water resources from
non-point source pollution resulting from construction projects. These performance standards are as follows:
1. The land disturbance shall be limited to the construction footprint.
2. A wetland assessment shall be completed, and a report submitted to the Town unless the Director of Public Works
(or designee) approves a waiver. If wetlands are identified, they shall be delineated and flagged. Wetland permits
shall be obtained if required from appropriate state or federal agencies. Select one for waiver request:
An explanation and information are attached to support waiver
This is part of an approved subdivision where wetlands have been addressed.
Name of Subdivision: ________________________________________________
3. Ingress and egress during construction shall be limited to one access point.
4. Indigenous vegetation shall be preserved to the maximum extent possible. Existing, healthy trees over 6
inches in diameter shall be preserved outside of the limits of disturbance.
5. Clearing shall be allowed only to provide necessary access, drainage, and utilities as approved by the Town
Manager or designee.
6. Impervious cover shall be minimized to promote the infiltration of storm water.
of natural waters and storm waters on and off the site shall be provided so as not to have a detrimental
effect on the property of others or public lands and conform to the standards of the Town of Ashland Water
Quality Protection Ordinance.