Page 1 of 5
commbank.com.au | Phone: 1800 624 100 | Fax: 1300 852 094 | Mail: PO Box 320 Silverwater NSW 2128
Issued by The Colonial Mutual Life Assurance Society Limited ABN 12 004 021 809 AFSL 235035 (CMLA). CommInsure is a registered business name of CMLA.
Completing the identiﬁcation form for Australian regulated trusts and trustees
(includingself-managed super funds)
Identiﬁcation and Veriﬁcation
All clients applying for a new policy must complete the identiﬁcation
procedures for the purposes of Anti-Money Laundering and
Counter-Terrorism Financing laws. In addition, in order to comply
with the obligations of the Foreign Account Tax Compliance Act
(FATCA) and Common Reporting Standard (CRS) we are required
to collect further information.
To do this, you need to complete the attached form.
What do I need to complete?
The sections you complete of the attached form depend on
what type of trust you are. The table over the page provides
you with aguide onwhich mandatory sections you need
to complete as identiﬁed by a solid dot (
). For the other
sections a brief explanation is provided and will depend on
You need to identify what type of trust you are.
Are you a:
• Regulated trust eg a Self Managed Superannuation Fund
(‘SMSF’) or a trust that is regulated by the Australian Securities
and Investments Commission (‘ASIC’), the Australian
Taxation Ofﬁce (‘ATO’) or the Australian Prudential Regulation
• registered managed investment scheme (ie managed investment
scheme that is registered by ASIC)
• Australian Government superannuation fund (ie a government
superannuation fund established under Commonwealth or
State/Territory legislation), or
• other regulated trust types?
Will documents in a language other than English
Documents that are written in a language that is not English
must be accompanied by an English translation prepared by
anaccredited translator. An accredited translator is any person
whois currently accredited by the National Accreditation Authority
for Translators and Interpreters Ltd (NAATI) at the levelof
Professional Translator or above.
How do I get a document certiﬁed?
To be correctly certiﬁed, we need the document(s) to be certiﬁed
as ‘True copy of the original document’ and signed by one of
• A person who is enrolled on the roll of the Supreme Court
of a State or Territory or the High Court of Australia, as a
• A judge of a court
• A magistrate
• A chief executive ofﬁcer of a Commonwealth court
• A registrar or deputy registrar of a court
• A justice of the Peace
• A notary public (for the purposes of the Statutory Declaration
• A notary public in a foreign country
• A police ofﬁcer
• (Postal Agent) An agent of the Australian Postal Corporation
who is in charge of an ofﬁce supplying postal services to
• (post Ofﬁce) A permanent employee of The Australian Postal
Corporation with two (2) or more years of continuous service
who is employed in an ofﬁce supplying postal services to
• An Australian consular ofﬁcer or an Australian diplomatic ofﬁcer
(within the meaning of the Consular Fees Act 1955)
• An ofﬁcer with, 2 or more continuous years of service with
one or more respective ﬁnancial institutions (eg: bank, building
society, credit union or ﬁnance company)
• An ofﬁcer with, or authorised representative of, a holder of an
Australian ﬁnancial services licence, having two (2) or more
continuous years of service with one or more licensees
• A member of the Institute of Chartered Accountants in Australia
CPA Australian or the National Institute of Accountants with two
(2) or more years of continuous membership
The party certifying the ID document(s) will also need to state
what position they hold and sign and date the document(s).
Ifthecertiﬁcation does not appear on the document(s),
youmaybeasked to send in new certiﬁed documents.
21119/1115 005-737 120517