PLANNING COMMISSION APPLICATION PROCESS/TIMELINE
(FOR APPLICATIONS THAT DO NOT REQUIRE CITY COUNCIL ACTION)
1. Planning Commission meets at 7 pm on the
2nd and 4th Wednesday of each month except
November and December when they meet on the
1st and 3rd Wednesday.
2. The Planning Commission agenda is published 5
days prior to the meeting date and may be accessed
3. Applicant will be allotted time to speak.
4. Public comment is permitted at 3 minutes per
5. Applicant will have a chance to rebut or respond
to any public comment.
6. Planning Commission will ask any questions they have
and discuss the application.
7. Planning Commission will make a motion to approve,
deny, or postpone, and a vote will be taken.
Applicant/Representative attendance is required in order for questions to be answered in regards to the application.
PLANNING COMMISSION MEETING PROCESS
1. Applicant submits complete application with payment to Zoning Division
11. If approved: applicant proceeds to building/engineering process
3. Zoning staff pushes to City Review Team
4. City Review Team reviews application & submits comments to Zoning Staff (within 10 business days)
a. if incomplete – applicant is notiﬁed
b. applicant resubmits/adds
missing items to application
a. if comments require applicant
action, go back to 2b
a. Final action is sent to
applicant in a Record of Action
2. Zoning staff reviews application for
completeness (within 2 business days)
6. Planning &
8. Planning Commission staff advertises
according to application speciﬁc requirements
to get on the next available Planning
7. Application is
5. Zoning staff compiles comments and
submits to applicant (within 2 business days)
10. Planning Commission meeting (action taken: approved,
postponed, denied, approved with conditions)
9. Planning Commission staff notiﬁes applicant of their Planning Commission meeting date
(minimum 6 days prior to meeting)
Questions: contact the zoning division
614-342-4025 or firstname.lastname@example.org