Policies and Procedures
1. Reservations are made on a first-come, first-served basis and must be made at least Twenty-one (21) days
prior to the event.
a. On the first business day of December, an applicant can submit their requests for the coming
2. All signs for the above listed locations must be approved by the Parks & Facilities Superintendent.
3. The Parks & Facilities Superintendent retains the right to reject an application, or have a sign removed, based
on a signs poor design / production / construction or failure to correspond to the rendition and colors of the
4. Each applicant must submit a rendition of the sign as close to the actual production as possible. Exact colors to
be used must be shown on the rendition, or exact paint chips of the colors must be submitted along with the
5. Community signs are a reflection on the City; therefore, all signs must have a professional appearance using no
more than three (3) colors. Neon, ultra-bright or glow in the dark paint or lettering is not permitted.
6. Signs must be constructed of 47 5/8” x 47 5/8” foot plastic of 3/8 or 1/2 inch thickness. Only one side of the
material may be used for the message.
7. Usage of any sign location may begin no more than fourteen (14) days prior to the related event, unless the
Parks & Facilities Superintendent grants special permission. In most cases, signs may be posted for no longer
than fourteen (14) days unless no other community events are posted and space is available. Signs will be put
up and removed on Mondays. The only exception will be when a holiday falls on Monday.
8. In the interest of providing exposure to as many community events as possible, sign posting is limited to five
9. City of Gahanna events and programs will be given priority use of these signs at all times.
10. If approval is granted, the signs will be installed and removed by the Parks & Recreation department.
a. Applicant shall call the Parks & Recreation department at 614.342.4275 to schedule a drop-off and
pick-up date and time with the Parks & Facilities Superintendent.
b. Signs must be delivered to and picked up from the Parks & Recreation Department, 152 Oklahoma
Ave, Gahanna, OH 43230.
c. They must be received no later than three (3) business days prior to the date they are to be
displayed. Signs not received three (3) business days prior to the date of display will not be placed
on the Community Sign board until the following week (if applicable).
d. All signs must be picked up within three (3) business days after the end of the application period.
Any signs remaining after this period will be destroyed.
e. The City assumes no liability for the signs during temporary storage, installation or display period.
11. Failure to comply with any of the listed policies will eliminate the organization from receiving approval for future