Vendor Policies & Procedures 2019 5
GAHANNA PARKS OPERATION
endors shall not:
1. Operate at any park during the hours of summer camp.
2. Operate in a park that has an open concession stand (i.e. Academy, Headley, McCorkle Parks, G
unicipal Golf Course, City of Gahanna Aquatic Facilities, etc).
3. Operate on any property owned by the Gahanna Jefferson School District property or any other property not
owned or managed by the City of Gahanna.
4. Obstruct pedestrian or vehicular traffic upon any walkway or other public right-of-way. Leaving less than five (5)
feet of space available for pedestrian traffic on any walkway shall be considered obstruction of pedestrian traffic.
5. Sell, barter, offer or expose for sale any goods or services to occupants of vehicles whether parked or in moti
hich may be located in parking lots adjacent to the Creekside Plaza or on roads, alleys and streets.
6. Possess, sell or distribute intoxicating liquor, beer or illegal substances such as illicit drugs and/or drug
7. Operate on any sidewalk or trail.
8. Operate from any motor or animal-propelled vehicle or tricycle on any road, street, alley or parking lot.
9. Display, use, advertise or store any merchandise or service from, in, or on any telephone or other utility pole, tree,
planter, trash container, parking meter, or any other sidewalk fixture.
10. Display, use, advertise or store merchandise or service from, in, or on any box, bucket, cooler, tub or other
container unless attached or carried on a push cart, or from any table, chair, bench, cabinet or other furniture of
any kind, or from any rack, dolly, wheelbarrow, grocery cart, baby carriage, stroller, easel, hand cart or blanket
unless authorized by the Director of Parks & Recreation.
11. Place or permit to be placed in any waterway any noxious or deleterious material or any material which may affect
the use or enjoyment of such waters for recreational or natural park use.
12. Place or permit to be placed on any ground area or cover, water of any source derived from the operation of the
13. Operate on frozen surfaces of any waterway.
14. Wash or wax any portion of the Vendor pushcart at any park.
15. Leave a pushcart at any park during the hours of sundown to 7:30 a.m.
1. Operate only in areas designated by the Director of Parks & Recreation.
2. Operate using only authorized and licensed trailer, pushcarts and/or tents
responsible for own utility needs (electric, water, grey water, gas, etc.).
4. Be responsible for keeping the area within twenty-five (25) feet of their operation free and clear of any litter
caused by such operation. When two or more Vendors occupy overlapping areas of litter control, they shall b
jointly responsible for the overlapping area.
5. Operate away from utility poles, electrical outlets or other structures as not to obstruct access to them.
6. Operate only during the hours of 8:00 a.m. and sundown and other times as designated by the Director of Parks &
7. Have a fire extinguisher as required by the Mifflin or Jefferson Township Fire Department. Inspection of your fir
tinguisher will be at the discretion of the Mifflin or Jefferson Township Fire Department. All cooking operations
shall provide a sufficient number of portable fire extinguishers to afford adequate fire safety as determined by the
8. Post cost of all items for sale.
1. Pushcarts shall not be:
a. More than four (4) feet in width; including wheels; or
b. More than nine (9) feet in length, of which not more than six and one-half (6-1/2) feet of length shall b
ed for the display, storage, or preparation of items for sale or barter;
c. More than six and one-half (6-1/2) feet in height;
d. Canopies, umbrellas or other covers attached to the pushcart may not extend more than eight and one-
half (8-1/2) feet nor less than six and one-half (6-1/2) feet from the ground and shall not exceed eight (8)
feet in width;
i. Such canopy, umbrella or cover shall not be used for display of merchandise purpose;
e. No item shall be placed or affixed on any pushcart in such a manner so that the combined height of th
tem and the pushcart exceeds six and one-half (6-1/2) feet or the combined width of the item and the
pushcart exceeds four (4) feet.