Name: __________________________________________________________________ ___________
AAMU Email: ____________________________________ Phone: ______________________________
Mailing Address: ______________________________________________________________________
Degree Sought (please check one): ____ EdS ____ MEd ____ MENG ____ MBA
____ MS ____ MSW ____ MURP ____ PhD
Degree Program/Major: _______________________________________________________
Academic Department: ___________________________________________________________
Academic College (please check one):
____ College of Agricultural, Life and Natural Sciences
____ College of Business and Public Affairs
____ College of Education, Humanities, and Behavioral Sciences
____ College of Engineering, Technology & Physical Sciences
Before sitting for the Comprehensive Exam, the Graduate Program must certify the student
meets the following requirements:
1. Obtain Regular/Full admission status.
2. Maintain a GPA of 3.00 or above.
3. Complete all required deficiency courses for the degree.
4. Complete a certain percentage of the semester credits required for the degree, i.e. at least 66%
for Master’s and Educational Specialist programs and 80% for Doctoral programs.
5. Remove all I’s, except thesis grades.
6. Remove all grades of D and F in the student’s current program of study.
7. Approval of graduate advisor and coordinator.
By signing below, I certify the listed student has met the above mentioned requirements.
Academic Advisor: ___________________________________________ Date: ____________
Program Coordinator: _________________________________________ Date: ____________
Department Chairperson: ______________________________________ Date: ____________
Dean, School of Graduate Studies: _______________________________ Date: ____________
GRADUATE STUDIES (256-372-5266)
COMPREHENSIVE EXAMINATION REQUEST FORM
LAST FIRST MIDDLE BANNER ID NUMBER