Greenwich Children and Young People’s Participation Service
A service delivered on behalf of the Royal Borough of Greenwich
| www.royalgreenwich.gov.uk/youthvoice | +44 (0) 7522 364314 | firstname.lastname@example.org |
| The Participation People is registered in England and Wales | Company no. 07317496 |
What does the role involve?
As a CiCC Member, you have an important role: you’re the voice of looked after children
and young people, and those young people leaving care! You’re representing them in
decisions that affect their lives!
As a member of this group, your responsibilities include:
1. Representing the views of children and young people who are looked after by Royal
Greenwich, or are leaving care.
2. Advising managers and policy makers about the design, delivery and evaluation of
projects and services.
3. Lobbying and campaigning to influence change in services accessed by children and
young people in care and leaving care.
4. Raising awareness of the rights of children and young people in care and leaving care,
and of what it’s really like growing up in the care system.
5. Being a champion and advocate for children and young people in care and leaving care.
CiCC members would need to commit around 2 hours per week. This commitment
includes attending meetings, the completion of accreditation and checking/responding to
emails, texts or messages.
CiCC members are asked to be members for a minimum of six months.
Personal qualities and skills
Qualities and skills of a GREAT CiCC member include:
Being able to listen to and respect the views of all young people;
Speaking your mind, honestly and respectfully;
Having great teamwork skills;
Being well organised;
Being approachable and personable;
Having a sense of humour;
Being committed, reliable and punctual.