150-211-156 (Rev. 12-16)
Business Change in Status Form Instructions
Use this form to notify the Employment Department (OED), Department of Revenue (DOR), and Department of Consumer
and Business Services (DCBS) of changes to your business or employment status. Attach additional sheets if needed.
NOTE: Some federal employer identification number (FEIN)
and name changes may require a new Combined Employer’s
Registration, 150-211-055, form to be completed.
• Provide the correct FEIN for your business.
• Correct the business name and spelling errors as needed.
• Check the “Now doing business in TriMet/Lane Transit
District” box and include the effective date if you’re an
employer paying wages earned in the TriMet or Lane
Transit District. You must register and file with the Oregon
Department of Revenue. Wages include salaries, commis-
sions, bonuses, fees, payments to a deferred compensation
plan, or other items of value.
• For boundary questions, see the Oregon Combined Payroll
Tax booklet, 150-211-155, for the list of cities and ZIP codes.
— The TriMet district includes parts of Multnomah, Wash-
ington, and Clackamas counties. For TriMet boundary
questions call 503-962-6466.
— Lane Transit District serves the Eugene-Springfield
area. For Lane Transit District boundary questions call
To re-open your business that you’ve closed for:
• Less than one year, file a:
— Business Change in Status Form, 150-211-156.
• One year or more, file a:
— Combined Employer’s Registration, 150-211-055.
For more questions contact DOR at 503-945-8091.
Attach a separate sheet to update or change corporate officer
or owner information.
Compensation for services performed by corporate officers
and shareholders is subject to payroll taxes (withholding,
transit, and unemployment). If owners and officers are
covered by Workers’ Compensation insurance, the hours
worked are also subject to Workers’ Benefit Fund (WBF)
Employment status updates
• Check each box that applies to your business and include
the effective date of change.
• If Oregon residents are working out of Oregon, indicate
• Check box and indicate effective date of employees now
working in Oregon that previously worked in another state.
Using leased employees
If you lease your employees from a Professional Employer
Organization (PEO)/Worker Leasing Company, fill in the
Include the effective date of change, check the box of the
entity you’re changing from and the box of the entity chang-
NOTE: Entity changes require the completion of a new Com-
bined Employer’s Registration form.
Examples include, but aren’t limited to:
• Changing from a sole proprietorship to a partnership or
• Changing from a partnership to a sole proprietorship or
• Changing from a corporation to a sole proprietorship or
• Changing of members in a partnership of five or fewer
• Adding or removing a spouse as a liable owner.
• Changing from a sole proprietorship, corporation, or part-
nership to a limited liability company.
• Check the box if you closed a pension and annuity account.
Include the effective date of change.
• Check the “No longer doing business in TriMet/Lane Tran-
sit District” box and include the effective date if you moved
your business from the TriMet or Lane transit district and
are no longer subject to this tax.
• Check the box if you closed the business or dissolved a
sole proprietorship, partnership, corporation, or limited
liability company, and no longer have payroll to report.
Fill in the date of final payroll.
• If you sold your business, leased your employees, or trans-
ferred your business assets, indicate whether the transac-
tion applied to all or part of the business.
• If you leased all or part of the business, fill out the section
“Using Leased Employees.”
NOTE: New or reorganized businesses must complete a
Combined Employer’s Registration, 150-211-055, which can be
found in pdf format at: www.oregon.gov/dor/bus
Fax to: 503-947-1700 or
Mail to: Employment Department
875 Union St NE Rm 107
Salem OR 97311-0030
For additional copies of this form, download at:
www.oregon.gov/dor/bus or call: 503-947-1488