1. Persons engaged in the business of importing articles on the
United States Munitions Import List are required to register
pursuant to Section 38 of the Arms Export Control Act of 1976.
2. Complete this form in duplicate using a typewriter or ball point
manager must sign all copies of the application in ink. Submit
both copies to:
Firearms and Explosives Imports Branch
P.O. Box 6200-17
Portland, OR 97228-6200
3. Item 5 shows the fee schedule which is prescribed by 27 CFR
Part 447. This registration must be accompanied by a check
or money order made payable to the Bureau of Alcohol, Tobacco,
Firearms and Explosives in the amount which is applicable to the
number of years for which registration is requested.
4. Fees paid in advance for whole future years of a multiple year
registration will be refunded upon request if the registrant ceases
to engage in importing articles on the U.S. Munitions Import List.
A request for a refund must be submitted to the Director, Bureau
of Alcohol, Tobacco, Firearms and Explosives, Attn: F & E
to the beginning of any year for which a refund is claimed.
5. If the application is approved, the Director will return the original
to the applicant and retain a copy.
6. After registration, importation of U.S. Munitions Import List
forth in 27 CFR Parts 447, 478 and 479, which provides for the
use of ATF F 6 Part I (5330.3A), Application and Permit for
Importation of Firearms, Ammunition and Defense Articles,
and Form 6A (5330.3C), Release and Receipt of Imported
Firearms, Ammunition and Defense Articles.
7. Federal Firearms License (Item 8) - is a license issued by the
Bureau of Alcohol, Tobacco, Firearms and Explosives pursuant
to Chapter 44 of Title 18, U.S.C. and 27 CFR Part 478. Any
under the provisions of 27 CFR Part 478.
8. Special (occupational) tax stamp (Item 9) - is a stamp issued by
the Bureau of Alcohol, Tobacco, Firearms and Explosives
pursuant to registration required by the National Firearms Act,
Chapter 53, Internal Revenue Code of 1954 and 27 CFR Part 479.
and pay a special (occupational) tax pursuant to the provisions of
27 CFR Part 479.
Privacy Act Information
The following information is provided pursuant to Section 3 of the Privacy Act of 1974 (5 U.S.C. § 552a(e)(3):
1. Authority. Solicitation of this information is made pursuant to section 38 of the Arms Export Control Act of 1976, as amended (22 U.S.C. § 2778).
Disclosure of this information by the applicant is mandatory if the applicant desires to import U.S. Munitions Import List articles.
3. Routine uses.ThisinformationisusedbyATFtoaidinitslawenforcementandregulatoryactivitieswithrespecttotheregulationofrearmsandam
munition. This information may also be disclosed to other Federal, State, foreign and local law enforcement and regulatory agency personnel to verify
Justice Department, if it appears that the furnishing of false information may constitute a violation of Federal law.
4. Eects of not supplying Information requested. Failure to supply complete information will delay processing and may cause denial of
t he application.
The following information is provided pursuant to Section 7(b) of the Privacy Act of 1974:
Disclosure of the individual's social security number is voluntary. Solicitation of this information is pursuant to 22 U.S.C. § 2778. The number may be
used to verify the individual's identity.
Paperwork Reduction Act Notice
This request is in accordance with the Paperwork Reduction Act of 1995. This information collection is mandatory pursuant to 22 U.S.C. 2778. The pur-
ammunition, and the defense articles, and (2) to facilitate the collection of registration fees.
The estimated average burden associated with this collection of information is 30 minutes per respondent or recordkeeper, depending on individual
circumstances. Comments concerning the accuracy of this burden estimate and suggestions for reducing this burden should be addressed to Reports
An agency may not conduct or sponsor, and a person is not required to respond to, a collection of information unless it displays a currently valid OMB
ATF Form 4587(5330. 4)
Revised September 2019