NTIP Funding for Additional Qualification/
Additional Basic Qualification Courses
In light of the global pandemic, the New Teacher Induction Program has not been able to offer the
scope of professional learning opportunities that we would have liked to. Therefore, to
demonstrate our commitment to the value of ongoing professional learning, the NTIP program is
offering some funding to NTIP eligible educators in the Durham District School Board to
participate in AQ/ABQ courses. These courses must occur between the timeline of September 1,
2019 – July 31, 2020.
1. Funding is available to elementary and secondary NTIP teachers. This includes teachers
who meet NTIP eligibility criteria, as outlined on the NTIP Google site.
NOTE: NTIP teachers who are on leave for the 2019-2020 school year are not eligible to
2. Applicants are only eligible to receive funding for one AQ/ABQ course.
3. NTIP teachers may apply for up to $250 toward the cost of an AQ or ABQ course.
Courses that already receive subsidized funding, including Math and Autism AQ courses,
are not eligible.
4. Courses must take place between September 1, 2019 and July 31, 2020.
5. Each NTIP teacher may apply for and receive funding for a course already taken, provided
proof of successful completion is submitted, and that the course occurred during the
A teacher may also apply for and receive funding before course completion, however
proof of successful course completion must be received by the August 3, 2020 deadline. If
it is not submitted by this date, the applicant will be required to return the funds via
cheque, made payable to the Durham District School Board.
6. The deadline to apply for funds in June 19, 2020.
7. All approvals are contingent on the availability of funding, NTIP eligibility
and adherence to guidelines. Once funds have been exhausted, applications
received will be denied.