Your 2020-2021 Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA) was selected for review in a process called verification. The law
says that before awarding Federal Student Aid, we may ask you to confirm the information you reported on your FAFSA. To verify
that you provided correct information, we will compare your FAFSA with the information on this institutional verification document
and with any other required documents. If there are differences, your FAFSA information may need to be corrected. You must
complete and sign this institutional verification document, attach any required documents, and submit the form and other required documents
to us. We may ask for additional information. If you have questions about verification, contact us as soon as possible so that your financial aid
will not be delayed.
Deadline: To determine your eligibility for federal and/or state funds, your verification documents must be received by our office no
later than August 16, 2021 or 120 days after your last date of enrollment, whichever comes first. Failure to do so by the stated
deadline will result in a loss of eligibility for the current academic year.
MTC must review the requested information, under the financial aid program rules (34 CFR, Part 668).
Print the information requested below:
Last Name First Name
Address (include
MyMTC Email Address
City State
Zip Code
Student Date of Birth
Student Home Phone Number (include area code) Student Alternate or Cell Phone (include area code)
List below the people in your household, include:
The student
> The student’s spouse, if the student is married
> The students or spouses children if the student or spouse will provide more than half of the childrens support from July 1,
2020 through June 30, 2021, even if a child does not live with the student.
> Other people if they now live with the student and the student or spouse provides more than half of the other persons
support, and will continue to provide more than half of that persons support through June 30, 2021.
Number in College: Include in the space below information about any household member, excluding the parents, who is, or will be, enrolled at
least half time in a degree, diploma, or certificate program at an eligible postsecondary educational institution any time between July 1, 2020, and
June 30, 2021, and include the name of the college.
If more space is needed, provide a separate page with the student’s name and ID number at the top.
Full Name
College Attending in 2020-2021
Will be enrolled
at least half time?
Midlands Technical College
Note: We may require additional documentation if we have reason to believe that the information regarding the
household members enrolled in eligible postsecondary educational institutions is inaccurate.
**If the relationship listed is not a spouse or a child, you must also complete Section D of the Clarification Statement
explaining the reason this individual should be included in your household size.
Provide one of the following documents to indicate the student’s high school completion status when the student begins college in
I have previously submitted my official high school transcript or GED certificate to Midlands Technical College.
Attached is a copy of my documentation. (Official high school transcript that shows the date the diploma was awarded,
official GED certificate or copy of High School Diploma.)
For students who completed secondary education in a foreign country, a copy of the “secondary school leaving certificate
or similar document.
A state certificate or transcript received by a student after the student passed a state -authorized examination that the
state recognizes as the equivalent of a high school diploma (GED test, HiSET, TASC or other state authorized examination.)
An academic transcript that indicates the student successfully completed at least a two-year program that is
acceptable for full credit toward a bachelor’s degree.
I was homeschooled in a state where state law requires the student to obtain a secondary school completion credential for
homeschooling (other than a high school diploma or its equivalent); a copy of that credential is attached.
I was homeschooled in a state where state law does not require the student to obtain a secondary school completion
credential for homeschooling (other than a high school diploma or its recognized equivalent). A transcript, or the equivalent,
signed by the student’s parent or guardian, that lists the secondary school courses the student completed and includes a
statement that the student successfully completed a secondary school education in a homeschool setting is attached.
I do not have a high school diploma, GED nor have I completed homeschooling requirements.
Each person signing below certifies that all of the information reported is complete and correct. WARNING: If you purposely give
false or misleading information, you may be fined, be sentenced to jail, or both.
Students Signature (Required) Date
Spouses Signature (Optional) Date
Return completed form and all copies of requested documents to:
Student Financial Services Office | Midlands Technical College | PO Box 2408 | Columbia, SC 29202 | 803.738.7792
click to sign
click to edit
click to sign
click to edit