2019–2020 Aggregate Verification Worksheet
Your 2019–2020 Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA) was selected for review in a process called
“Verification”. The Financial Aid Office at your college must compare information from your FAFSA with information
you provide on this worksheet and with any other required documents. If there are differences, your FAFSA
information may need to be corrected and your Financial Aid Office could require additional documentation. You will
not receive federal financial aid until all verification requirements are met and the necessary corrections made.
What You Should Do
1. If you (or your spouse, if you are married) are tax filers, obtain a 2017 IRS Tax Return Transcript for
yourself and/or your spouse. Request an IRS Tax Return Transcript online at
Transcript or by phone at 1-800-908-9946. Make sure you select an IRS Tax Return Transcript and NOT the IRS
Tax Account Transcript. Be sure to specify tax year 2017 when making your request. In place of the transcript,
the Financial Aid Office can accept a complete signed copy of a preparer’s 2017 Federal Income Tax Return
(Form 1040, 1040A or 1040EZ) that was submitted to the IRS. Important Note: If you used the IRS Data
Retrieval Tool to transfer your 2017 income data into your FAFSA, you may not have to submit the IRS Tax
2. If you (or your spouse) had income earned from work in 2017, but did not and were not required to file a tax
return, you both must provide a 2017 Verification of Non-Filing Letter dated on or after October 1, 2018,
and all W-2 forms for tax year 2017 issued to you by your employers. Request a Verification of Non-Filing
Letter at www.irs.gov/Individuals/Get-Transcript
or by phone at 1-800-908-9946.
3. Complete Sections A-C of this worksheet – you must sign the Section D certification on page 2 of the worksheet.
Collect the documents required for Section E on page 3 but do NOT complete that page in advance.
4. Submit the completed worksheet, tax return transcript(s) and any other required documents to the Financial Aid
Office at your college. You will complete Section F in person at that time.
A. Student’s Information
Student’s Last Name First Name M.I. Student’s Social Security Number
Student’s Street Address (include apt. no.) Student’s CUNYfirst ID / Empl ID
City, State, Zip Code Student’s Date of Birth
Student’s Phone Number (include area code) Student’s Email Address
B. Student’s Household Information
List the people you will support between July 1, 2019 and June 30, 2020. Include:
• Yourself and your spouse (if you are married)
• Your other children if you (or your spouse) provide more than half of their support, even if they don’t live
• Other people if they now live with you, and you now provide more than half of their support and will
continue to provide more than half of their support through June 30, 2020.
Write the name of the college below for any household member who will be enrolled, at least half time in a
degree, diploma, or certificate program at a postsecondary educational institution any time between July 1, 2019
and June 30, 2020.
If more space is needed, attach a separate page with student’s name and the last 4 digits of student’s SSN at the top.
Example: Jane Smith
Will be Enrolled at
Least Half Time
2019-20 Aggregate Verification Worksheet V5-Independent Student Page 1 of 3