Office use only
LaGuardia Community College - Office of the Registrar
Change of Major or Concentration
(Choose one semester and indicate year)
PLEASE PRINT CLEARLY
If your Major has a Concentration, please declare/change it to the right.
Current Major (Plan)
Current Concentration (Sub-Plan)
New Major (Plan)
New Concentration (Sub-Plan)
A Program Coordinator's signature is required for any major on the list marked with an asterisk (*) Please refer to
s and Concentrations list for the location of coordinators.
Changing your major may impact your degree requirements, financial aid and the length of time to complete your degree.
Consult with your academic advisor prior to submitting this form to explore all your options and ensure that you choose a
major that best matches your transfer and career goals.
1. Select the MAJOR that you wish to pursue at LaGuardia (refer to the Majors and Concentrations list). You may also declare or
change a concentration within a major.
2. After you have obtained the proper signatures (if required):
• Continuing students email this application to firstname.lastname@example.org. with subject “CHANGE OF MAJOR FORM.”
• New students, who have not yet registered for their first semester, email to complete a “Change of Status Form.” to Office of
Admissions at email@example.com.
3. If the change of major affects your transfer credit, please contact a Transfer Credit Evaluator for re-evaluation in the Office of
IMPORTANT: Change of Major Forms submitted after the deadline (published Online in the academic calendar) will not go into
effect until the following semester. Remember, a change of major may also affect your financial aid. Please consult with a financial
aid advisor in Student Financial Services, at Financialaid@lagcc.cuny.edu
Select your current major or type it here