SUNY Jefferson Zoo Technology Program Supplemental Application
General Information: First Name:________________________ Last Name: __________________________
Email:________________________________ Phone: __________________ Jefferson ID J_______________
Address:______________________________ City, State: ____________________ Zip:_________________
1. Please note that Zoo Technology coursework begins in the Fall and must be followed in sequence.
Applications can be submitted at any time. Space is limited.
2. Please answer the following by checking the appropriate blank. Are you:
a) A new student to Jefferson? (i.e., 1
time taking classes here)** Yes____ No____
b) Currently enrolled at Jefferson? Yes____ No____
c) A student who previously enrolled in a degree program at Jefferson,
took some time off and is now coming back? Yes____ No____
d) Applying to re-join the Zoo Technology Program? Yes____ No____
**If you answered yes to a), you must submit a College application to the admissions office. Please
complete the Jefferson Community College application, available on our website or paper copy, and
submit required high school and college transcripts.
3. Are you likely interested in living in Jefferson's residence halls? Yes____ No____
Professional Background: Applicants are not required to have experience working with animals; however it
would be beneficial since applicants should understand the requirements of the Zoo Technology program, and
careers working with zoo animals.
4. Have you reviewed web information about the JCC Zoo Technology Program and zoo careers
(www.sunyjefferson.edu and www.zookeeping.com)? Yes____ No____
5. Have you cared for animals before? Yes____ No____
If yes, what types of animals do you have experience working with?
6. Have you worked or volunteered at a zoo in any capacity before? Yes____ No____
Name of Zoo? __________________________ Was it AZA accredited? Yes____ No____
Revised February 06, 2018 Page 2 of 3