A registered proprietor (or person entitled to be registered as
such) wishing to cancel a unilateral notice registered against
his or her title should use Form UN4.
If you need more room than is provided for in a panel, and your
software allows, you can expand any panel in the form. Alternatively
use continuation sheet CS and attach it to this form.
Land Registry is unable to give legal advice but our website
www.landregistry.gov.uk provides guidance on Land Registry
applications. This includes public guides and practice guides (aimed
at conveyancers) that can also be obtained from any Land Registry
See www.landregistry.gov.uk/contact-us/offices if you are unsure
which Land Registry office to send this application to.
Conveyancer is a term used in this form. It is defined in rule 217A,
Land Registration Rules 2003 and includes persons authorised
under the Legal Services Act 2007 to provide reserved legal services
relating to land registration and includes solicitors and licensed
Record of fees paid
Particulars of under/over payments
Reference number
Fees debited £
Where there is more than one local
authority serving an area, enter the
one to which council tax or business
rates are normally paid.
Local authority serving the property:
Title number(s) of the property:
Insert address including postcode (if
any) or other description of the
property, for example ‘land adjoining 2
Acacia Avenue’.
State date of notice (as set out in the
register in brackets at the beginning of
the notice) and the full names of each
person entered in the register as the
beneficiary or beneficiaries of the
notice to be removed. If there is more
than one notice registered by the
same person(s) on the same day,
please specify which one the
application relates to.
Details of the unilateral notice to be removed
Notice registered on:
Currently no fee is payable for the
removal of a unilateral notice.
Application and fee
Fee paid (£)
Fee payment method
cheque made payable to 'Land Registry'
direct debit, under an agreement with Land Registry
List the documents lodged with this
form. If you are a conveyancer, you
do not have to lodge evidence of the
appointment of a trustee in bankruptcy
or a personal representative, you can
instead include here the following
“I am a conveyancer and I confirm
that I hold evidence of the
appointment of the [personal
representative] [trustee in
If this application is accompanied by
Form AP1 please only complete the
corresponding panel on Form AP1 or
DL (if used). We only need certified
copies of deeds or documents you
send to us with Land Registry
application forms. Once we have
made a copy of the documents you
send to us, they will be destroyed, this
applies to both originals and certified
Documents lodged with this form:
Provide the full name(s) of the
person(s) applying to remove the
notice. Where a conveyancer lodges
the application, this must be the
name(s) of the client(s), not the
Complete as appropriate where the
applicant is a company.
The applicant:
For UK incorporated companies/LLPs
Registered number of company or limited liability partnership
including any prefix:
For overseas companies
(a) Territory of incorporation:
(b) Registered number in the United Kingdom including any prefix:
If you are paying by direct debit, this
will be the account charged.
This is the address to which we will
normally send requisitions. However if
you insert an email address, we will
use this whenever possible. Where an
application is lodged by e-DRS all
documents and correspondence will
be dealt with electronically.
This application is sent to Land Registry by
Key number (if applicable):
Address or UK DX box number:
Email address:
Phone no:
Fax no:
Place 'X' in the appropriate boxes.
If you are a conveyancer, you do not
have to lodge evidence of the
appointment of a personal
representative or a trustee in
bankruptcy, you can instead certify
that you hold this evidence. If you are
not a conveyancer, you must enclose
the evidence with this application.
State reference, for example 'edged
Entitlement to apply
The applicant is entitled to apply for the removal of the unilateral
notice as the
beneficiary of the notice
personal representative of the beneficiary of the notice
trustee in bankruptcy of the beneficiary of the notice
and applies to remove
the unilateral notice referred to in panel 4
the unilateral notice referred to in panel 4 as to the part of the
registered estate shown on the attached plan
If a conveyancer is acting for the
applicant, that conveyancer must sign.
If no conveyancer is acting, the
applicant (and if more than one
person then each of them) must sign.
Signature of applicant
or their conveyancer:
If you dishonestly enter information or make a statement that you know is, or might be, untrue or misleading, and intend by doing
so to make a gain for yourself or another person, or to cause loss or the risk of loss to another person, you may commit the
offence of fraud under section 1 of the Fraud Act 2006, the maximum penalty for which is 10 years’ imprisonment or an unlimited
fine, or both.
Failure to complete this form with proper care may result in a loss of protection under the Land Registration Act 2002 if, as a
result, a mistake is made in the register.
Under section 66 of the Land Registration Act 2002 most documents (including this form) kept by the registrar relating to an
application to the registrar or referred to in the register are open to public inspection and copying. If you believe a document
contains prejudicial information, you may apply for that part of the document to be made exempt using Form EX1, under rule 136
of the Land Registration Rules 2003.
© Crown copyright (ref: LR/HO) 06/14