Terms of Reference for the Policies, Procedures,
Education and Training Subgroup
The Lincolnshire Safeguarding Children Partnership has agreed the following strategic
priorities for the 2018-2021 Business Plan:
• Tackling Child Exploitation
• Enhancing the Emotional Wellbeing of Children and Young People
• Promoting Healthy Relationships
• Working Together to Recognise Risk Making Behaviours
• Identify and Reduce the Impact of Neglect on Children and Young People.
• Identify and Reduce the impact of Domestic Abuse on Children, Young People and
To develop, review and maintain Policy, Procedure, and Training and Education resources
for professionals. The resources are required to support and promote the welfare of children
in Lincolnshire, through enhanced practice and increased accountability.
• Members should have regard for the LSCP learning and improvement plan, the
LSCP training plan, and through the group, work to support and ensure that the
LSCP training plan annual objectives are delivered.
• All output from the sub group will ensure that the welfare and the importance of the
voice of the child is at the centre of decision making.
• The complexity and urgency of the work professionals do should be recognised.
• All activity will be aimed at ensuring the workforce is suitably skilled and supported to
deliver the best for children, young people and their families.
• Through its function, the group will promote effective working relationships between
member agencies, professional groups, and voluntary organisations.
• The group will provide support and guidance to aid the development, reviewand
maintenance of multi-agency policies in Lincolnshire.
• To coordinate, develop, monitor and evaluate all education and training provisions
delivered by the LSCP, and to review its effectiveness.
• To facilitate shared learning and gain a better understanding of developments in
policy and training which have come about in response to changes in legalisation, the
changes in service needs, and the implication of Serious Incident Reviews.
• Be responsible for reporting to the operational delivery group on an annual basis, or
• To fulfil the identified strategic priorities in the LSCP business plan
PPET_TOR_ July 18