Office of Financial Aid
1988 Newmark Avenue
Coos Bay, Oregon 97420
Phone: 541.888.7352 fax 541.888.7247
Email: email@example.com | website: www.socc.edu
Satisfactory Academic Progress
Appeal for Extension of Timeline
Dual Major/Second Major
Change of Major/Cum GPA < 2.0
Name: ______________________________________ Phone: _________________________________ Student ID#: ___________
Address: _______________________________________________ City/State/Zip: ______________________________________
Southwestern’s financial aid records indicate that you have either:
Cumulative completion rate is less than 67%
Changed your major more than once
Cannot complete degree in 150% maximum timeline
Cumulative GPA below a 2.0 after 1 academic year
The Satisfactory Academic Progress requirements policy is found online at www.socc.edu/financialaid
. All credits attempted, as well
as all transfer credits are counted towards this maximum timeframe. You may appeal this status using this form, but it must be
submitted and approved prior to the end of the term for which you are requesting aid, or you will not receive aid for the term.
1. This form completed and signed by you and your advisor.
2. A written statement on a separate sheet of paper clearly addressing each requirement below. If you need assistance writing
your statement, the Writing Center is available in Tioga Hall, 3
Floor. Your statement should be typed, well thought out and
a. Please explain the choices you’ve made which lead you to make this request. You may not complete another request
with the same circumstances for which you have petitioned and been approved or denied.
b. Please provide your plan(s) for success in the future. If transferring, please include information on your transfer school
and their course requirements.
c. Note your overall educational goal(s). State your declared degree and what you intend to do with that degree.
3. Complete an Educational Development Plan (EDP) with your advisor. You can find an EDP online at
4. If possible- attach any applicable documentation for your extenuating circumstances that prevented you from completing your
program within the maximum timeframe. Documentation such as medical reports, accident reports, copy of a death certificate
and/or funeral notice is acceptable. If illness was a factor, provide documentation from your doctor indicating the onset,
duration, severity of your illness and whether you are healthy enough to return to school.
Note: Incomplete requests will not be reviewed and will be returned to you.
Answer The Following Questions:
• My assigned advisor is ________________________________________________________________
• How often do you visit the Tutoring Center? ___never___rarely____occasionally___often___regularly___
• Have you applied for graduation? (circle one) Yes No
• Have you read and understood the Satisfactory Academic Progress Policy for Financial Aid recipients?
(circle one) Yes No Continue to Back Side >