Distinguished Alumni Nomination
The Southwestern Oregon Community College Distinguished Alumni Award is given in recognition to an individual who
has demonstrated significant contributions to his or her profession, community, or academia. Criteria for the
Distinguished Alumni Award are outlined below.
1. Nominee has distinguished himself/herself in either an occupation or career.
2. Nominee has demonstrated leadership.
3. Nominee has demonstrated a commitment to the community.
4. Nominee has shown a dedication to educational advancement either through personal advanced degrees or
continuing support of higher education.
5. Nominee has graduated with a degree or certificate or has completed a minimum of 60 credits at Southwestern
Oregon Community College.
6. Nominee (if selected) is available for scheduled events (night before graduation and graduation). Nominator
should confirm availability before submitting.
7. Nominations will be considered for up to two years.
8. The selected individual can only be awarded once a lifetime.
It is essential that the selection committee have enough information about the nominees to adequately consider him or
her. Please include two or three reference letters, all pertinent information about the nominee, including
accomplishments, awards, special recognitions, and significant contributions, and resumes, copies of news articles or
any other documents that reflect the nominee’s contributions.
The Distinguished Alumni will have the honor of speaking at the June commencement ceremony and will be required to
present their speech to the Graduation Committee prior to the ceremony for the sign language interpreter. Speech
writing assistance is available upon request.
Nominee (Person Being Nominated)
Years of Attendance at Southwestern
Nominator (Person Making Nomination)
Relationship to Nominee