Application for Contract
Required Assurances Contract Administration_________________________
The contractor assures that they will comply with the statutes, regulations, and policies of the program under the Johnson-O`Malley Act
and contract provisions. (Regulations: 25 CFR 271, 273, and 276).
) All reasonable steps were taken to obtain maximum Indian participation in the development, approval, and implementation of all
contracted programs herein proposed (273.4).
(2) All students counted for services are eligible. A current list of eligible JOM Indian students showing degree of Indian Blood,
Grade, and Tribal affiliation will be sent to the appropriate JOM staff during student count week.
(3) The IEC’ (s) for this application have participated fully in the planning and development of this application and are vested with all
powers and duties as outlined by regulation (273.16).
(4) The application as approved by the IEC will not be changed or revised without the written approval of the IEC (273.17).
(5) The education facilities where the programs are to be conducted shall be open to visits and consultations (273.18 (g).
(6) That the contract funds shall supplement, and not supplant, other funds and that use of these funds will not result in a decrease of
other funds. (273.34).
(7) That other funds shall be used provide comparable services to non-Indian and Indian students, prior to the use of Johnson-
O`Malley funds for the provision of supplementary program services to Indian children (273.34, 273.41).
(8) That Indian preference will be exercised in all hiring, training, and subcontracting in programs under this application (273.45).
(9) That the required public liability insurance coverage will be in effect covering programs contracted and said insurance will be
applied for with this application (273.46)
The required record keeping system covering all required topics will be maintained for programs applied for with this application (273.47).
(11) Access to contract records and documents will be allowed to authorized representatives of the Comptroller General and the
Secretary of the Interior (273.48).
Access to all-confidential records will be allowed to the Indian people which the contract affects and other interested parties (273.49).
(13) A detailed annual report will be submitted to the MCN JOM office within 90 days following the ending date of each contract year (273.50).
(14) All student records and confidential records/report will be maintained following the ending date of each contract year (273.54).
(15) A current set of Indian Education Committee by-laws which meet the criteria set forth in (273.15 (c) has been given and reviewed
with IEC members.
(16) Records of property purchased with contract funds will be maintained.
Records of this MCN property will include description, manufacturer’s serial number acquisition date and cost (276.11 (e).
(17) An annually conducted inventory of government property assigned to the contract is on file for review.
(18) Procedures established for hearing and responding to grievances from Indian students, parents, community members and tribal
representatives are attached (273.18(c).
(19) Contract funds will not be used for capital outlay or debt retirement (273.35).
(20) Attach copies of any subcontracts to be used in carrying out this contract.
(21) Each IEC member will receive a copy of the completed application (273.16).
(22) Local school districts will be responsible to insure against lost or damaged JOM property. The school shall maintain the property
in a reasonable state of repair consistent with the intended use and educational purposes (273.44).
(23) Educational needs will be assessed and prioritized by the Indian Education Committee (273.16(b) (2).
(24) School will make available standardized test scores for needs assessments.
(25) JOM staff employed with the school district will attend all training services sponsored by the Muscogee Creek Nation.
(26) The school district and the Indian Education Committee will participate in monitoring processes.
(27) In compliance as a minimum requirement of the Oklahoma Open Meeting Act, all scheduled meetings for the school year shall be
filed with the County Clerk. All regular and special-called JOM meeting shall be conducted on school or tribally owned property.
Basic parliamentary procedures utilizing Parliamentary Procedures will be observed.
(28) All parents of eligible Indian students may serve and participate in all IEC activities and functions of the respective school district
in which their children are enrolled, regardless of residence.
(29) In no instance shall there be discrimination against Indians or schools enrolling such Indians (273.38) (273.42) .
(30) IEC annual elections will comply with standardized voting policies and procedures as prescribed in the Muscogee Creek Nation
JOM Handbook and IEC approved governing By-Laws and is to be used by all Muscogee Creek Nation JOM contractors.
(31) A JOM Handbook will be distributed to all JOM Schools and Indian Education Committees annually in advance of each School
Program Year. The Creek Nation JOM Handbook will implement and set forth specific requirements for the administration of the
Johnson-O`Malley Program. Please refer to the handbook for specific information and blank program forms.
IEC Member initial:________ School Administration initial_________________