12. Doors must remain unlocked during Applicant’s Event. The Facility will be locked and
secured by a staff member at the conclusion of the Event.
13. Applicant must adhere to the occupancy regulations. A City of Hilliard staff member will be
on duty during the Event and will have full authority to request that anyone leave the Facility
who is behaving in a manner that is disruptive, threatening, reckless, damaging, or for
conduct that is likely to damage or harm the Facility, its contents and/or another person.
Should the group resist or defy the staff’s authority, the City may immediately cancel the
group’s permit and request the assistance of the Hilliard Division of Police to vacate the area.
14. City of Hilliard staff members and/or Hilliard Division of Police have the right to enter the
Facility at any time.
15. All aisles leading to exit doors must remain clear and unobstructed so that the doors can be
16. It is the policy of the Hilliard Recreation and Parks Department to rent the Facility for public
purposes and in conformity with the City’s tax-exempt status. Examples of prohibited events
include political fundraisers, selling merchandise, or charging for service at the event.
Examples of permitted events include birthday parties, baby showers, book clubs, anniversary
celebrations, meetings, and having a fundraiser for a non-profit organization. These lists are
not exhaustive. If in doubt as to whether the event is permissible, please confer with Hilliard
Recreation and Parks Department staff.
17. Bands, food trucks, vendors, caterers, performers, entertainers, etc. must be approved 14 days
prior to reservation date by the Hilliard Recreation and Parks Department. Additional
fees/deposits/permits may be warranted depending on the type of entertainment.
18. The City has the right, in its sole discretion, to demand proof of liability insurance from the
Applicant, in amounts deemed sufficient by the City, depending on the type of Event
Applicant desires to host at the Facility, which policy shall name the City as an additional -
19. Pets are not permitted in the Facility, with the exception of a licensed service animal.
20. Outdoor space is not available for rent. During the months of May through August, the
fountains and spray pad will not be turned off and closed for the Event.
21. Vehicles must be parked in designated Parking areas. Absolutely no vehicles are to be parked
on the grounds of the park.
22. Decorations are not to be nailed, stapled or taped to any surface i.e. walls, ceilings,
moldings, windows or doors. White office sticky tack may be used (not blue sticky tack).
23. No confetti, glitter, sand, rice, birdseed, silly string or fireworks are permitted
24. No open flames, including candles, are permitted. Flameless candles, crock pots, warming
dishes and chafing dishes with sterno are permitted.
25. Glass bottles are not permitted in the Facility.
26. No fried foods shall be prepared and cooked inside the Facility.
27. The Facility must be cleaned, floors swept and mopped if necessary at the conclusion of the
Event. Counters and tables are to be wiped cleaned. Trash must be bagged and placed in the
designated location. The Facility must be left in the condition it was prior to the Event.