IN THE HILLIARD MAYOR'S COURT, HILLIARD, OHIO
STATE OF OHIO
CITY OF HILLIARD
PLAINTIFF, CASE NO.
COUNSEL’S AUTHORITY TO PRESENT GUILTY PLEA IN ABSENTIA
I, _______________________________hereby authorize
to represent me in entering this guilty plea in absentia:
Name of charge Ordinance No. /ORC Section
I understand that a guilty plea is a complete admission of my guilt. I also understand that by
entering this guilty plea, I am giving up the following rights:
● My right to confront my accuser and cross-examine witnesses;
● My right to present my own evidence and to compel witnesses to testify on my behalf;
● My right to testify or to remain silent or to make a statement at the time of sentencing;
● My right to appeal the decision in this case;
● The requirement that the state prove my guilt beyond a reasonable doubt, at a public
trial, on each and every element of the charges against me.
I understand that this charge is a (□ _____degree/ □ unclassified ) misdemeanor and that the
judge may sentence me to a maximum of _________ days in jail and a maximum fine of
__________ and a maximum of hours of community service and driver’s rights
suspension of up to ___________________________ and that any vehicle I may have been
driving is subject to immobilization for up to ___________ days and that if I am on probation,
parole or post-conviction community control, this conviction may affect such probation, parole
or post-conviction community control including imposition of jail time.