1. Authorization and cost of recovery
• The client authorizes DataFirst Digital Solutions (Pty) Ltd
to conduct an evaluation of the media or data sent to
determine the nature of the damage and provide a
quotation for the recovery there of, timing and estimated
• The evaluation is free and no work beyond this evaluation
will be charged without explicit client approval unless
quoted prior to receiving the media
• A “no recovery, no charge policy” is applicable, unless
• The Client authorizes DataFirst Digital Solutions (Pty) Ltd,
its employees and agents, to receive and transport this
media/equipment/data to, from and between their legally
• For insurance purposes, all fault reports will be charged at
R450.00 excluding VAT.
• In the event you require a damaged/opened hard disk
drive back a re-assembly fee of R450.00 excluding VAT will
be charged as we do not under normal circumstances
return the damaged/opened hard disk drive unless an
agreement has been made prior to work commencing.
• Please note, we do not do refunds, but credits are given in
credit note format.
• Please note that all data that has left the DataFirst Digital
Solutions (Pty) Ltd premises will be treated as satisfactory
to the client and paid for. Any variations of this must be
cleared with management.
• Although DataFirst Digital Solutions (Pty) Ltd do their
utmost to ensure the data presented is of good integrity
and virus free DataFirst Digital Solutions (Pty) Ltd cannot
be held liable for loss of data or damage caused by the
2. Legal Rights
• The client acknowledges that they are the legal owner,
representative, or otherwise have legitimate rights to the
property and all data contained therein which has been
delivered to DataFirst Digital Solutions (Pty) Ltd.
• Any property left at the premises of DataFirst Digital Solutions
(Pty) Ltd unclaimed for 14 Days will be disposed of.
• The client acknowledges that the data and/or equipment
are already damaged and that any effort by DataFirst
Digital Solutions (Pty) Ltd to analyse and recover data may
result in further damage to the equipment and/or data. (All
precautions are taken to ensure the integrity of the data is
preserved and equipment is not damaged further)
• DataFirst Digital Solutions (Pty) Ltd shall not be held liable
for any claims regarding the physical functioning of the
equipment and / or media or the condition or existence of
data storage media before, during or after service.
• DataFirst Digital Solutions (Pty) Ltd will further not be held
liable and is hereby indemnied by the Client for any direct
or indirect damages, including loss of data, loss of revenue,
expenses, cost, damages, demand and claims, illness or
injuries, or death of any and all persons or employees,
including their own employees or employees of sub-
contractors, and / or damage to the property incidental or
consequential, before during or after the service.
• All equipment handed to DataFirst Digital Solutions (Pty) Ltd
will remain the property of DataFirst until the invoice is paid
4. Client Condentiality
• The Client agrees that DataFirst Digital Solutions (Pty) Ltd
may use any information or data supplied with the storage
media for the purpose of fullling the engagement.
• DataFirst Digital Solutions (Pty) Ltd agrees to maintain strict
Client condentiality. All information, data and equipment
handed over or recovered by DataFirst Digital Solutions
(Pty) Ltd shall be deemed condential and proprietary to
our Clients and shall not be disclosed to any third parties in
any manner. Data media and recovered data are handled
only by designated and authorised personnel appointed
by management of DataFirst Digital Solutions (Pty) Ltd.
5. Pricing and Payment
• All prices quoted exclude shipping, bank charges or any
other taxes or costs.
• Payment is due in full upon completion of successful
recovery, prior to release of data (whether shipped, picked
up or downloaded), unless terms have been approved.
• Company cheques, cash and bank transfers are welcome.
• Should you, our client, not abide by this agreement and
payment terms, then by process of law, DataFirst Digital
Solutions (Pty) Ltd may enforce the payment there of by
handing your account over for collection. Please note that
should this happen that you, our client, are liable for all
legal costs that will be incurred.
• No cash refunds, only credits granted.
• All quoted jobs which are declined and not collected
within 14 shall be disposed of.
• DataFirst Digital Solutions (Pty) Ltd cannot take responsibility
for incorrect media booked in and accepted by clients
for data recovery. Full fees are payable for a recovery
performed on media that requires repairs and/or spares
but brought in incorrectly by clients.
• Should you not collect or communicate when you shall
collect your completed job within 3 days of completion,
we reserve the right to charge a handling fee of 5% on the
total amount, excluding VAT.
• It is expressly recorded that once the data as recovered
has left the premises DataFirst Digital Solutions (Pty) Ltd
the client accepts the due and proper performance of
DataFirst Digital Solutions (Pty) Ltd in its duties. Should the
recovered data cease working for whatever reason after
it has left the premises of DataFirst Digital Solutions (Pty) Ltd
then the client shall be liable for all costs incidental thereto.
The Client is therefore urged to conrm the successful
recovery of data prior to leaving the premises of DataFirst
Digital Solutions (Pty) Ltd.
Thank you for your support
Full Name Date
Page 2 of 2
Terms and Conditions
click to sign
click to edit