CITY OF COLONIAL HEIGHTS
Employee of the Month
The purpose of the Celebrating Excellence Award is to recognize the exceptional performance,
innovation, leadership, and/or outstanding achievements of a City employee on a monthly basis.
Who is eligible for the award?
• All full-time employees.
• Continuous part-time employees.
• Department Directors are not eligible for selection under the program.
Who can nominate an employee?
• Any supervisor or co-worker may submit a nomination.
What does an employee receive?
• Certificate signed by the City Manager.
• $100 gift presented to the employee by the Mayor at a City Council meeting.
• Announcement in the local newspaper.
• Announcement placed on the City’s web site and Intranet.
• Acknowledgment in the City Focus newsletter.
• Acknowledgement during an annual luncheon/dinner to be held in January/February.
How long will the nominated employee remain in the pool for consideration?
• Nominees that are not selected as the Employee of the Month will remain eligible for
consideration 6 months following the original submittal date of their nomination.
Who selects the employee of the month?
• A senior management staff selection committee.
How do I nominate an employee?
• Complete the
Nomination Form or a written summary.
• Submit nomination form or written summary to the City Manager’s office.