1. Meter Deposit Fees must be provided with application: To establish a water, sewer and/or garbage account, every customer shall complete an
application with the Village of Los Lunas Utility Division in a timely manner. All new accounts shall provide a deposit of twenty-five dollars
($25.00) for residential owners and real estate contracts, a minimum of seventy-five dollars ($75.00) for renters (unless agreement states different),
one hundred dollars ($100.00) for commercial, twenty-one hundred fifty dollars ($2000.00 + $150.00 connection fee) for bulk meters, and one
hundred dollars ($100.00) for approved trash only services. Previous Balances with the Village Utility must be paid in full to establish new
2. Payment Due: All bills for service are due on the 1st day of the month; payments received after the ninth day of the month will be considered in
arrears and subject to late fees of 10% of the balance owing.
3. Reconnection Charges: Any customer whose service is involuntarily disconnected due to past due will be required to pay a reconnection fee of
fifteen dollars ($15.00) in addition to the past due amount before being reconnected to the utility.
4. Tampering Charges: Any customer in violation of Ordinance 13.04.080 tampering with the meter will be assessed a fine of not less than one
hundred fifty dollars ($150.00) or no more than five hundred dollars ($500.00) per day.
5. Returned Check Charge: Any payment method returned for any reason will be assessed a twenty-five dollar ($25.00) service charge! You will be
required to pay the amount of the returned item plus the returned item fee in cash or by money order. (Returned checks cannot be redeposited! If
notice of three checks have been returned, checks will no longer be accepted as payment on the account.)
6. Trash: The trash can remains with the property. Your trash can is your responsibility. Please have your trash can at your curb by 7am on your
scheduled day for collection. Place your address on the outside of the can. If Lost or Stolen You are responsible for Payment to acquire a new
can. The Cost is $69.17. Please contact The Utility Division for payment options available. ORD.8.12.090 D
I have read and agree to the terms of application ____ (Please initial) Refer to ORD Chapter 13.04 for complete terms and conditions
I have read and agree to the terms of application.___________ (Please Initial) Refer to ORD Chapter 13.04 for complete terms and conditions