Form CLP 1 (11/2019) 2
PLEASE READ THE FOLLOWING CAREFULLY BEFORE COMPLETING THIS FORM:-
• Section 16(9) of the Commons Act 2006 requires that an application to deregister and
exchange common land or town or village greens may only be made with the consent
of any relevant leaseholder of, and the proprietor of any relevant charge over, the
release land and any replacement land. When completing this form you will be asked
to confirm that such consent has been obtained and that you have consulted any
relevant leaseholder of, and the proprietor of any relevant charge over, the release
land/any replacement land about the application.
• Answer all the questions on this form in full and only use a separate sheet where there
is insufficient space for your answer.
• Refer to “Notes on completing an application to deregister, or to deregister and
exchange, common land or town or village greens” (the “Notes”) when completing this
• References throughout this form to ‘common land’ apply equally to ‘town or village
• A non-refundable fee of £4,900 is payable for all applications under section 16 to
deregister/exchange common land. A cheque for this amount, payable to “The
Planning Inspectorate”, must accompany every application. Alternatively, if you wish
to pay by BACS the Planning Inspectorate’s bank details are available on request.
SECTION A – The common land to be deregistered (i.e. the release
Section A1 – The Common
Name and full address of