10/16/17 Page 2 of 2
ELECTRONIC MESSAGE DISPLAYS
1) Is the display more than 150’ from a residential area? YES NO
2) Is the display more than 50’ from another display? YES NO
3) Is the display part of a freestanding sign? YES NO
1) Is the display area:
a. 30 sf or less in B-2 General Business District? YES NO
b. 20 sf or less in B-3 Central Business District? YES NO
1) Is the display height:
a. 25’ or less in B-2 General Business District? YES NO
b. 20’ or less in B-3 Central Business District? YES NO
1) Will each message be displayed for more than 4 seconds? YES NO
2) Will the message be animated or display video?** YES NO
3) Will the daylight brightness be less than 5,000 nits? YES NO
4) Will the sunset to sunrise brightness be less than 500 nits? YES NO
5) How will the brightness be controlled?***
* Electronic displays prohibited in designated historic districts downtown.
** Animated or video displays require a conditional use permit.
*** Automatic controls required to reduce brightness to 500 nits or less between the hours from sunset to sunrise.