University Interscholastic League
STATE OF TEXAS §
COUNTY OF _________________________ §
BEFORE ME, the undersigned authority, on this the ______ day of _______________, 20_____, personally
appeared ____________________________, who after being duly sworn upon his/her oath stated as follows:
(1) I am ___________________ of ____________________, Texas.
(2) I am currently employed by the ___________________________ Independent School District in the
following capacity: _______________________________________. I am in charge of district students
who participate in activities of the University Interscholastic League.
(3) I have read and am familiar with, and will continue to read the Leaguer, an online ofcial publication
by the UIL, located on UIL web site.
(4) I have read and am familiar with, and will continue to read the UIL Constitution and Contest Rules,
activity manuals and other League bulletins and will keep myself informed as updated editions are
received, in the contests for which I am responsible, throughout my tenure with this school district.
(5) I understand the contents of the UIL Constitution and Contest Rules and activity manuals and relevant
web sites in my activity(s) as they are applicable to me, to the students in my charge, to the school to
which I am assigned, and to the school district.
(6) It is my intention to comply with all of the provisions of the UIL Constitution and Contest Rules.
Further, in the event of an ofcial rules change, or an ofcial interpretation, I understand that I will be
responsible for abiding by said rules after ofcial notication of the change or interpretation.
(7) It is my intention to describe to my students all applicable provisions of the UIL Constitution and
Contest Rules within a UIL activity of which I am in charge. If I do not understand a provision of the
UIL Constitution and Contest Rules, I shall seek a written clarication. If a student, parent, or any
other person requests more than a description of the UIL Constitution and Contest Rules, I will refer
them to my district’s superintendent or designee, or the UIL staff for opinions and explanations, and to
the UIL State Executive Committee for ofcial interpretations.
(8) I am giving this professional acknowledgement to acknowledge the above stated facts and the
professional responsibility I freely accept with respect to my actions or omissions in activities of the
UIL, and to assure my students, the parents of my students, my school, my school district, and UIL
ofcers: (a) that I am aware of those actions and omissions that constitute violations of the UIL
Constitution and Contest Rules; (b) that I am aware of the ranges of possible penalties that may be
imposed following a violation; and (c) that I am aware of the persons against whom the UIL may
(9) In particular, I acknowledge my understanding of the penalties that may be assessed against me should
I fail to comply with the provisions of the UIL Constitution and Contest Rules.
(10) I acknowledge that I am making this sworn statement to be led with my superintendent.
This professional acknowledgement is made solely for the purpose set forth herein and does not waive any right nor constitute any
Signed: ___________________________________________ _________________________________________
Signature of Coach/Sponsor/Director Notary Public in and for the State of Texas
My commission expires on:___________________
This form is to be lled in and notarized only once, at the beginning of employment of a high school coach, academic sponsor, and
music and One-Act Play director. It is to be led in the superintendent’s ofce.