Page | 1
2021 Continuing Education Provider
Thank you for your interest in maintaining your Continuing Education Provider status!
We have created this renewal application for your convenience. If your course content has not changed from the
previous year and/or your approved instructors remain the same, we only require the submission of this
completed application. If you have new courses that you want to submit, you will need to fill out the Continuing
Education Provider Application and provide all required supporting documentation.
NASM and AFAA support ongoing professional development and education by requiring members to recertify
every two years. To qualify, members must complete Continuing Education Units (CEUs) from approved providers.
CEUs are awarded based on the number of hours spent in a structured educational format. Within this application,
continuing education providers may apply to be a NASM or AFAA approved provider or an approved provider for
BOTH at a discounted rate.
• Your Continuing Education (CE) Offering(s) and a link to your website, if provided, will appear on the
online CEU Approved Provider List. These lists are located at www.nasm.org or at www.afaa.com. Note:
NASM and AFAA have separate lists.
• The CEU value (with the associated recertification point system) will be posted on the CEU Approved
• You will receive instructions for the authorized use of the associated logo(s).
• Approval is awarded for a specific CE Offering for a specific calendar year.
CE Providers must demonstrate the following:
• Health and Fitness Topical Relevance (i.e. anatomy, nutrition, weight control, wellness, sports medicine,
biomechanics, business management, exercise assessment, fitness program design, special populations,
strength training, kinesiology, biomechanics, behavioral change, sports psychology, exercise physiology)
• Credible Content (i.e. proven/scientifically valid information and/or practical application/methods) that is
current and unique, at an appropriate level (designed for experienced fitness professionals) and aligned
with the mission and reputations of NASM and/or AFAA.
• Author/Instructor Credentials and Related Experience (i.e. certification, accreditation, and/or related
HOW TO APPLY:
1. Complete the Continuing Education Provider Renewal Application
2. Submit your completed application to email@example.com.
3. We will contact you by phone within 2-3 business days to obtain your payment. If we are unable to reach you by
phone, we will contact you via email.
4. If you have questions, please contact us at 800.460.6276.