Page | 1
2021 Continuing Education Provider Application
Thank you for your interest in becoming a Continuing Education Provider.
NASM and AFAA support ongoing professional development and education by requiring members to recertify
every two years. To qualify, members must complete Continuing Education Units (CEUs) from approved providers.
CEUs are awarded based on the number of hours spent in a structured educational format. Within this application,
continuing education providers may apply to be a NASM or AFAA approved provider or an approved provider for
BOTH at a discounted rate.
• Your Continuing Education (CE) Offering(s) and a link to your website, if provided, will appear on the
online CEU Approved Provider List. These lists are located at www.nasm.org or at www.afaa.com. Note:
NASM and AFAA have separate lists.
• The CEU value (with the associated recertification point system) will be posted on the CEU Approved
• You will receive instructions for the authorized use of the associated logo(s).
• Approval is awarded for a specific CE Offering for a specific calendar year.
CE Providers must demonstrate the following:
• Health and Fitness Topical Relevance (i.e. anatomy, nutrition, weight control, wellness, sports medicine,
business management, exercise assessment, fitness program design, special populations, strength
training, kinesiology, biomechanics, behavioral change, sports psychology, exercise physiology)
• Credible Content (i.e. proven/scientifically valid information and/or practical application/methods) that is
current and unique, at an appropriate level (designed for experienced fitness professionals) and aligned
with the mission and reputations of NASM and/or AFAA.
• Author/Instructor Credentials and Related Experience (i.e. certification, accreditation, and/or related
HOW TO APPLY:
1. Complete one Continuing Education Provider Application for each CE Offering.
2. Please include the following supporting documentation:
___Certificate of Completion
___Course outline or agenda
___Examples of course content (home study materials or slides)
___Instructor resume or bio
___Course objectives (if applicable)
___Referenced text material (if applicable)
3. Submit your completed application(s), supporting documentation and sample completion certificate(s) to
4. We will contact you by phone within 2-3 business days to obtain your payment. If we are unable to reach you by
phone, we will contact you via email.
5. If you have questions, please contact us at 800.460.6276.