Wayne Community College - Financial Aid Office - PO Box 8002 - Goldsboro, NC 27533-8002
FAX: 919-736-9425
Wayne Community College is accredited by the Southern Association of Colleges and Schools Commission on Colleges to award associate degrees. Contact the Commission on Colleges at 1866
Southern Lane, Decatur, Georgia 30033-4097 or call 404-679-4500 for questions about the accreditation of Wayne Community College. The Commission on Colleges may be contacted only if there is
evidence that Wayne Community College is significantly non-compliant with a requirement or standard. Accreditation standards are located at
Inquiries about Wayne Community College, such as admission requirements, financial aid, educational programs, etc. should be addressed directly to Wayne Community College and not the
Commission’s office.
Dependency Status Form
______________________________________________________ WCC ID #: __________________________
Your status as an independent student for financial aid purposes is based entirely on your response(s) to one or more of questions
#47 – #50 OR questions #53 #58 on the 2019-2020 FAFSA. The Financial Aid Office requires verification of your dependency status.
PLEASE NOTE Your eligibility for financial aid cannot be determined until the verification process has been completed.
INSTRUCTIONS: Complete this worksheet in blue or black ink, attach any required documentation, sign, and submit the completed
package to the WCC Financial Aid Office for review.
Check the appropriate box below:
I was legally married as of the day I signed the FAFSA Copy of your marriage license
I am currently serving on active duty in the U.S. Armed
Forces for purposes other than training.
A copy of your current official orders, your most recent LES, or
an official letter from your commanding officer.
I am a veteran of the U.S. Armed Forces.
A copy of your DD Form 214, “Certificate of Release or
Discharge from Active Duty.
At any time after age 13, both of my parents were
Copies of the death certificates for both parents AND your birth
At any time after the age of 13, I was in foster care OR I was
a dependent or ward of the court.
Court documents confirming that you were in foster care or that
you were a ward of the court at some time between the ages of
13 18.
A court determined me to be an emancipated minor.
Court documents from your legal state of residence confirming
your legal emancipation before your 18
I was in a legal guardianship with someone other than my
biological parent and/or step-parent immediately before my
Court documents from your legal state of residence confirming
the legal guardianship. (NOTE Papers must indicate legal
guardianship; legal custody does not qualify)
On or after July 1, 2018, I was determined to be either an
unaccompanied youth who was homeless OR a self-
supporting youth who was at risk of being homeless.
Document on official letterhead from your high school/school
district homeless liaison, the director of an emergency shelter of
transitional housing program funded by the U.S. Department of
Housing and Urban Development, or the director of a runaway or
homeless youth basic center/transitional living program that
confirms your status.
None of these situations applies to meI am a dependent
Make corrections to the dependency status questions at and add your parent’s information.
I have special circumstances that are not reflected above
and am not able to provide any parent information.
Contact the Financial Aid Office for guidance.
By signing below, I certify that the information reported on this form and any supporting documentation is true and complete.
_______________________________________________________ _________________________
WARNING: If you purposely provide false or misleading information to obtain financial aid, you may be fined, sent to prison, or both.