COVID EMERGENCY RENTAL ASSISTANCE (CERA)
CERA Tenant Application (03/24/21) Page 1 of 6
Submit completed application
with supporting documents to
your local HARA. A list by
county can be found online at
The COVID Emergency Rental Assistance (CERA) program is
designed to keep Michigan residents who fell behind on their rent
and/or utilities during COVID-19 in their homes.
Who is eligible?
You may be eligible for the COVID Emergency Rental Assistance
(CERA) program if you meet all the following conditions:
1. Have received a past-due rent or utility notice, notice to quit
or a court ordered summons, complaint or judgment for
unpaid rent after March 13, 2020
2. Have a gross household income below 80% area median
income (AMI), for the area
3. Have experienced an eligible COVID hardship since March
4. A state ID (or other government issued ID) in the tenant’s
name (with supporting proof of residency if the address
does not match the unit)
5. A lease agreement in the tenant’s name (if a written lease
For more information on eligibility, please see the COVID
Emergency Rental Assistance (CERA) program FAQ (online at
) or call your local Housing Assessment
and Resource Agency (HARA). A list by county can be found
Do NOT include original
documents (send photocopies).
• Be complete, signed and
• Include all supporting
documents as listed in the
• Be submitted to your local
Applications submitted without
required supporting documents
can be held for a maximum of 30
Disclaimer: All applications submitted to MSHDA will be discarded.
All applications must be sent to your local HARA.